• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 auto tranny and renix head in MD

gradon

NAXJA Forum User
For sale is an aw4 auto from a 94-95 4wd euro XJ(did have the power/comfort option). Mileage is 60K(or should I say 100K Km). I also have a '90 renix head(2686) and intake manifold that I'll be removing from a block in the near future. Pickup only.

An AW4 from a 94 or 95 will have a 23 spline output so in order to do use it in an '88 you would have to either replace your transfer case or change the input gear.

Now what I don't get is the inclusion of a power/comfort switch, that option was deleted in 1991 across the board. The Power/Comfort settings were just in the TCU, when they removed it they hard wired the TCU in the Power mode, there were no real changes in the transmission.

Thanks for that info--my brother told me it was from the 94 euro he had, but he also had a 92 euro(he shipped his 95 over there too). He's adamant about it having 60K, but I guess now I have to count splines and read the engine serial number(we swapped the 60K euro block in his 95). The euros were a year behind, so it would've been built in 91, if it did come out of the 92. I'll be back with info. On a side note, we might be using a 96 block I have for the t-s'd 4.9, so I might be selling the renix engine complete(it hasn't been taken apart yet).

The renix has 190K on it. We bought the comanche in Arlington, drove it 30 minutes to our house, and w/in two or three days it was pulled. It would not come with sensors.

Back