• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Attention Members - SoCal Chapter Logo Contest

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
We've gone too long without a chapter logo, now is the time to correct that and you can make the choice.

Get your mice ready, it's time to design the logo. Submissions for the logo will be accepted between the dates of Saturday, July 17 through Saturday, July 24. After that there will be a voting poll for a duration of one week with the winning design becoming the new chapter logo for t-shirts, stickers, and Adopt-A-Trail signs.

Designs should follow these guidelines:

1. All designs must be created as original artwork and cannot contain the artwork of others unless it is specifically approved. Copyrighted works cannot be submitted.
2. A design submitted to NAXJA for this contest becomes the property of the SoCal Chapter of NAXJA if it is selected.
3. All designs must be submitted in a .zip file to [email protected] Uncompressed designs can be very large.
2. All designs SHOULD be in vector format (.ai .eps etc). Pixelated designs (.jpg .bmp .gif) cannot be printed as a sticker without tracing and potential quality loss.
3. Designers should do their best to keep the color depth of their design low. The number of colors and gradients not only increases production costs, but decreases printing quality.
4. Designs must incorporate the NAXJA name in Tahoma Bold red. NAXJA reserves the right to perform adjustments to the winning design if necessary.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Sequoia

Last edited:
Alright kids, had a busy weekend so I didn't update this.

It's time for submissions, send them in, the deadline has been extended to Monday, July 26 because I failed to post until today.

I look forward to seeing yoru designs.

Sequoia

GSequoia said:
We've gone too long without a chapter logo, now is the time to correct that and you can make the choice.
Here are my submissions:

SoCalLogo2.jpeg

and

SoCalLogo.jpeg

Personally, I like the monochromatic version better and hope that the guidelines will be modified enough to make it an acceptable alternative.

Personally I think we should have a little more creativity with the NAXJA logo. I think a monotone setup would be good (cost and looks). I think Andy's would be good on the front of a shirt with a main logo on the back. We could even rotate the the main logo on the back over time. Just posting some thoughts. Here is another NAXJA logo from last years Fall Fling which gives an idea of what I am talking about.

standard.jpg

I had a ranger (in Big Bear) tell me today that they a still waiting on the logo too. For the trail we adopted that is. I didn't catch his name, but he knew Ed & Sequoia. He said that they were running a little behind too.

Tim :D

Back