• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

At a loss: oil pressure sending switch

Jjcord2015

NAXJA Forum User
1999 Jeep Cherokee classic 4.0

I had to replace the oil pressure sending switch last year. The connector was practically melted onto the switch, so cut it off, spliced new connector on and put in new sender from oreillys. Pressure was a constant 50#. No fluctuation at all. Gauge was at zero when connector was unplugged. Bad sender? Didn’t care, I know i was getting oil. Motors fine.

Decided today to exchange sender since it’s under warranty, installed and there’s zero pressure in the gauge. Ok, maybe the connection splice job was bad, so bought a new connector, no change, zero pressure. Bought another sender thinking I bought 2 bad ones in a row. Still no pressure on gauge. I’m getting oil up top, have verified with my eyes.

Is there a fuse somewhere for this thing?

Oh and it’s not clogged. Fired it up without sender in and got a nice little spray of oil on the rear of engine.

Im out of ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oil%20pressure%20sensor.png

Pin 1 is Orange
Pin 2 is Gray with a Yellow Stripe
Pin 3 is Brown with a Yellow Stripe

The view in the picture for the pin orientation is looking into the connector from the sensor side.

Omg thanks so much. Had the brown and grey switched around. Works now.

Don’t drink and do wiring kids.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back