• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Arctic Scrap Yard

G.Q. Jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Hey

Here are some pics of a local junk yard we have here in town. Since its dry up in the Arctic and with no salt used on the roads, it slows the rotting of our cars quite a bit.

Check them out! So far I got dibs on the Blue Gremiln and Dodge 024 Detomaso(yellow with the black strips)

Let me know what else I should scoup up!

Jeff

http://rides.webshots.com/album/559...ars&track_action=/Owner/ViewActions/FullAlbum

The Xr4Ti (I think that is what it is called) is supposed to be a pretty good car by Merkur

Lots of 4 door scrap metal... The Merkur has the 2.3l Ford w/ intercooled turbo. Pretty fast...

People have told me that cars in other states rust and rot away but I have never actually seen this and I think it is probably just some sort of hoax or urban legend...

Maybe we could set up some sort of trade, I have rust free metal parts and you can get plastic parts with no sun damage.

Screw all that. I want the van that has the ship-like round windows in back. That thing could use a little riverness. :D

I really do want a van. Thing of the storage capacity.

mrrbby said:
The 1970? Chevelle and the 66 Dart.

The Chevelle is a '71 or '72 model...the '70 models had two rectangular tail lights....can't tell without seeing the front parking lights....the ONLY difference between the 71 and 72 is the matter of a horizontal "pinstripe" that seperates the upper and lower segments of the light on the 72 model....the 71 model has no such "pinstripe" on the lens.

I had a 71 model that I drove for many years...until it died from body cancer:tears: was a beautiful car and the biggest tire you could get at the time fit in the fenders with no issues (N50-15)...

AHHHH

get some friggen parts off those late 50's early 60's cars!

that 59 cadillac 4 door has sheetmetal and trim worth something, all chrome trim from the finned cars will sell on ebay if in good condition, that mid-late 50's dodge wagon(that pic wouldent let me view full size) has worthwhile parts,

pic 009, is that a 65 plymouth 2 door post? of so it will fetch a pretty penny.
the yellow O24 isnt worth much, has a crap 1.7 vw motor, but are wicked cool with a 2.2 turbo out of a later car swapped in.

see what kind or rear end is in the roadrunner,

Sorry, I left out a couple of details.....the tail lights on a '70 model are rectangular...and there are only two...the 71/72 models have 4 ROUND tail lights......the 70 models have 4 ROUND HEADLIGHTS.....the 71/72 have 2 ROUND headlights....the sheet metal is interchangable as a group...so it may
possible that there are some bastard cars running around with mixed up parts.

My beloved Chevelle was a 71 model, with an LS-6 (DSO), Turbo 400 and 12 bolt posi with 4.11 gears, PS, PB, A/C.....it was a sleeper....the Malibu trim package, beige with brown vinyl roof....I ordered it like that on purpose so it wouldn't attract the attention of every cop on the road like a red n black SS model would....If I would have just been bright enough to not go to Daytona all the time and cruise up and down the beach in it....the salt killed it.

Back