• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Apocalypse Rides

In the event of an apocalypse,.. assuming of course that your shiny happy soul isn't one of the chosen few,..

Where are you going to get gas? Part of your bug-out plans better include hoofin' it.

No, because I'm not one of those people who sits around wishing everything goes to hell.

"zombie" and "apocalypse" are the biggest :rolleyes: thing in existence

I built my jeep to be functional when it's not broken. It does that quite well (the broken part, and the functional part.)

Obacalypse?

No, because I'm not one of those people who sits around wishing everything goes to hell.

You'll be one of the first ones to get eaten :D

Honestly, there is a difference between wishing things going to hell and knowing they could and being prepared for it.

Nothing wrong with preparing for the worst, even if it never comes.

I don't spend as much time worrying about my vehicle as I do thinking about food storage, water storage, self protection and the ability to survive without the normal, everyday things we get so used to...like cell phones and electricity. Remember it doesn't take Zombies to create your own little version of hell. A nasty earthquake, tornado or flood could cause the same kind of panic and confusion, just one a much smaller and more personal level.

As far as my Jeep goes. It's always packed with water, blankets and my trailer has enough food and gas that I could get out of the city and into a less populated place to survive for a few weeks. I figure any disaster lasting longer than that, I better start building a cabin and hunkering down anyway.

You'll be one of the first ones to get eaten :D

Honestly, there is a difference between wishing things going to hell and knowing they could and being prepared for it.

Nothing wrong with preparing for the worst, even if it never comes.

I don't spend as much time worrying about my vehicle as I do thinking about food storage, water storage, self protection and the ability to survive without the normal, everyday things we get so used to...like cell phones and electricity. Remember it doesn't take Zombies to create your own little version of hell. A nasty earthquake, tornado or flood could cause the same kind of panic and confusion, just one a much smaller and more personal level.

As far as my Jeep goes. It's always packed with water, blankets and my trailer has enough food and gas that I could get out of the city and into a less populated place to survive for a few weeks. I figure any disaster lasting longer than that, I better start building a cabin and hunkering down anyway.

I think there's a big difference between being prepared and being paranoid. And an even bigger difference between being prepared and fantasizing about doomsday scenarios.

I'm prepared. But I'm also not sitting here wishing something happens.

Back