• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone up for Rausch Creek this weekend?

Sounds good, Lynn - is the new trail a loop from 11, or just oneway in and out?

Is there access to Rock Creek from it?

A good move to open this up, #10 will continue to get eroded if it stays wet, making access to the Creek more difficult than it should be, with no room for spectators either.

Actually, if the new trail on the north side of the "Creek" is opposite where #10 comes in from the south, it could set up an "interesting" loop possibility.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

The new trail provides three places where you can cross over into the Rock Creek. I don't know the exact waypoints of the cross-overs, I will get that information next time I am down there. Look at this map, you'll see the new blue trail above the Rock Creek, which I GPS'd as we ran it. I estimated where the cross-overs are. The terrain just west of the new trail is like sleepy hollow at paragon, but it looks a lot harder and probably is a bigger area. We already saw one line through the forest where no trees even needed cut. From what people have been telling me, the surrounding rocky forest is harder to run than the Rock Creek itself.
5-5west.jpg

Looks great. RC is expanding nicely.

BTW, unless I was completely lost (always a possibility) that "right fork" on #10 to reach Rock Creek seems more of a map feature than an actual access. There were some red tape markings, but any obvious moderate line came up about 150 feet short.

We used the left fork on #10 to reach the Creek which is OK, except that for any group over 3 or 4, it's a bit tight to turn around to get back out.

Looking forward to getting back out there to help cut trails or just drive, but we have that "thing" at the "other place" :) that will occupy us for a few weeks. Of course, this may not be an issue in 2004 - Competition is a wonderful thing.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

That right fork on 10, I walked in so far (as far as my sore Achilles heels will take me), and it looked open leading up to the rock creek so I put it on the map. It will get widened and cleared open soon enough. Our plans are to have access into the Rock Creek in several places, it will all come together nicely before the summer is out.

Back