• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone running Uwharrie this weekend?

TRAILREADYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Curious if anyone happens to be going to URE this weekend??? (8/4-8/5)
I had planned to go with a couple folks that are now on the fence about being able to go. My girlfriend and I still plan on it either way, but it would be nice to have others to ride with!

I was going to attend the work day on the 19th until I realized that was my sons move in day at Francis Marion University...... I have some projects I need to help the GF with and fix my TB bracket. I don't think I've been up there since May..... :tears:

We had a pretty good trip, ended up just being a coworker and I. I'm definitely trying to go again this season but do have to get a couple more things knocked off the Jeep checklist in addition to repairing a leaf spring that decided to sag on this trip.

PalmettoOne, sorry I didn't see your post until this week, did you make it up?

I'm thinking a camping trip in Sept when is cooler would be nice....

Thanks. Yep made it up for a while. Checked out Wolf Den and Slab Pile. Wanted to make sure my lift was good for off road. Nice trails...but DUSTY as hell...coulda used some rain....and mud!

I'm thinking a camping trip in Sept when is cooler would be nice....

I have a busy September as I will be moving, but let us know if and when you plan to go!

Thanks. Yep made it up for a while. Checked out Wolf Den and Slab Pile. Wanted to make sure my lift was good for off road. Nice trails...but DUSTY as hell...coulda used some rain....and mud!

Glad to hear you got to check it out a bit. Saturday wasn't bad for dust as it had rained Friday night. It can be really slick there in the rain though, so it's nice to go when there's that fine line between sloppy and dusty. But that's coming from someone who hates mud, I'll take dry dusty rocks over mud any day!

URE is quite dusty this time of year. I'm working on getting mine fixed now. I'm going to try and hit up an open ride at the Flats on Sept 1st.

I'm going to try and hit up an open ride at the Flats on Sept 1st.
Ahhh yes, I almost forgot that was coming up! I have several things to do on mine before I'd want to take it to the Flats....maybe I can sneak out in the shop rig if nobody has called dibs on it.... I really should be packing then though. :dunno:

Back