• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone paying less for gas?

food for thought, if someone shoots a shot gun in my gerneral direction and I feel something hit me no matter how gentle I would still piss my pants and run like hell. The simple "ca chink" of a pump shotgun is a theft detorant on its on let alone the sound of a blast. not that it really matters in the this case of cheap gas lol
!!!1

More on that thought. You would then have cops showing up asking why you were firing a weapon, not something I would want. No matter what you claim was in the shell when you fired it, you still fired a weapon. You would also be the guy on the block who was shooting a shotgun in your driveway, I doubt the neighbors would know it wasn't a normal shell.

You also then have a could-be manic now angry you took a shot at him and assumes you either missed or realizes you hit him with salt. He obviously knows where you live and if you have a wife/kids or not and you may just come home to a burned down remains of your house or worse.

I would never think the sound of a shotgun being racked would do enough of anything except announce I was there, another movie go-to ha.

/opinions

Rock salt in shotguns! God I love the internet. This thread started about the price of gas! Isn't it great how we all go with the flow?

I lived on a farm as a kid. We had a gas tank on property and the usual problem of "night-time evaporation". One evening we heard noise outside around the tank. My dad stepped out the door with his -870 and put 2 rounds of bird shot out over the tank(He said he was aiming well above it anyway,..)
Unbeknown to everyone, the commotion woke up the dog. We hear scrabbling around out in the dark, low voices talking(S**t,.. let's get out of here,.. etc) Then a lengthy pause and:
"Do you hear that? There's something out here. What's,... AGHHHH! Get it off me! It's got my leg! AGHHH!"
Henry(the dog) came back about an hour later. 'Found an abandoned gas can the next morning, and something knocked down a lot of standing grass in the field next to the house,.. :confused:

Different times. Today, the thieving bastards would have ended up owning the farm and dad would have ended up in prison. Oh well,..

True that!

There are still some places in the US where you could get away with it, but not many.
'Nother interesting tid-bit: 'Neighbor had three daughters, and as they reached their teens, he had a problem with local boys coming around, making noise, scaring the chickens, etc. He asked a sheriff's deputy if there was anything to be done. The deputy's one sentence reply: "A shot-gun 'anit got no ballistics."

(this was in the early '80s)

got stuck in Long Beach this past weekend.

$4.10 a freakin gallon for 87...
'Nother reason to hate on calie,..

How much do they rip you for windshield washer fluid? :spin1:

How much do they rip you for windshield washer fluid? :spin1:

after the environmental fees and hazardous waste permits, it's not as bad as you'd think-- can barely feed a family of illegals for a week on it.:cheers:

P.S. $2.98/gal of 87 all week here.

If you have a Kroger or Giant Eagle around you there's no reason you can't be getting at least .50 off per gallon at any given time. Take your Kroger card, purchase a prepaid Visa card for $500, right there you'll get .50 off per gallon for up to 35 gallons. Then you can use that $500 prepaid Visa card to pay your bills or for anything else you see fit. In other words, don't just spend $500 to get .50 off per gallon...if you have something you pay for every month anyway like your mortgage or utilities or what have you, jump online and use that $500 to pay your bills.

Or if you know you have a large purchase to make at Home Depot or Sears or Best Buy...first go to Kroger, get your prepaid visa card...get your fuel rewards...then go to Giant Eagle, use your prepaid Visa card on a gift card to whatever store you need to shop at...now you have significant fuel rewards from both places.

Back