• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone local to snj have a real code scanner

RoyalXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone local to snj have a real jeep code scanner that can monitor and find out what's going on in my 96 xj? I've replaced everything and can't get rid of this terrible misfire at idle. I don't wanna take it to the dealers around here because they'll laugh that I wanna fix my old xj.

Anyone local to snj have a real jeep code scanner that can monitor and find out what's going on in my 96 xj? I've replaced everything and can't get rid of this terrible misfire at idle. I don't wanna take it to the dealers around here because they'll laugh that I wanna fix my old xj.

Yes, I have two. One is for sale, its brand new still in the package. it is an Actron CP9580A. Nice unit, I got it as a gift and already had one. Interested in buying it? Send me a PM with your cell# and I'll send you a pic.

A.

Lol I'm not sure jeeps are complicated enough to have a misfire monitor to tell which one cylinder is misfiring. Good luck. Try a new cam position sensor yet?

Back