• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone leaving Fri night after the dinner?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
I have to leave on Fri night after the dinner as I gotta make it back to LA (by noon Sat) for my cousins wedding. So if someone is planning to leave I wouldn't mind convoying out at least part way (in case something decides to fall off of my jeep)

Kejtar said:
I have to leave on Fri night after the dinner as I gotta make it back to LA (by noon Sat) for my cousins wedding. So if someone is planning to leave I wouldn't mind convoying out at least part way (in case something decides to fall off of my jeep)

OMG...I just had a flashback to the all-nighter return trip from the Rubicon. You're gonna do that again?!? :wierd:

xjohnnyc said:
OMG...I just had a flashback to the all-nighter return trip from the Rubicon. You're gonna do that again?!? :wierd:
Yeah, unfortunately. I talked to my cousin before she announced the date and she was supposed to do it later in the month as more of the family than just me are trying to make it fit their preexisting plans :( Oh well, I am not going to cancel my wheeling trip and I"m planning to wheel till the end :D (Actually I was planning to wheel Sat this year, but it looks like that's not going to happen). I am planning on stopping for about an hour or two someplace along the way twice and I think that I will be fine.

Damn, Remi, that's hardcore. One time I left Moab mid Sun afternoon (after running a trail), and was at work in Bakersfield at 1:00 pm Monday, but I stopped and had a good nights sleep in Las Vegas.

Goatman said:
Damn, Remi, that's hardcore.
The trip to Moab always lasts me 1 day: it's not too bad. I'm just stocking up on caffeinated stuff now.
[qupte]
One time I left Moab mid Sun afternoon (after running a trail), and was at work in Bakersfield at 1:00 pm Monday, but I stopped and had a good nights sleep in Las Vegas.[/QUOTE]
What took you so long? :D

Anyways, my choices in that matter are really simple: either leave Fri AM and go to the wedding on Sat, or leave Fri eve (might end up leaving towards the end of the dinner) and arrive half dead at the wedding on Sat.

I'm with you, man.

That year I worked Wed, and I worked Mon (in Bakersfield), and I wheeled in Moab Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun. You just have to have you're priorities right.

:D

That sounds like my wife....This year for our spring trip to Moab her best friend decided to get married on Thursday.....Who the hell gets married on a Thursday?

So she missed most of the trip too.

As far as I am concerned.....Weddings are plain and simple just not as important as Moab.

DrMoab said:
As far as I am concerned.....Weddings are plain and simple just not as important as Moab.

No, You get married IN Moab......
makes it easier on everybody:D

Kejtar said:
Remi,
You might just as well leave before the dinner and get a little bit of a head start.
I"m buying all the winning raffle tickets, so you'd just be wasting your time hanging around. That's of course you want to hang around and help me carry my stuff out to my rig. :D

TRNDRVR said:
Remi,
You might just as well leave before the dinner and get a little bit of a head start.
I"m buying all the winning raffle tickets, so you'd just be wasting your time hanging around. That's of course you want to hang around and help me carry my stuff out to my rig. :D
Nah, I'm not worried about it. I'll probably have Mary buy my winning tickets and have Danno hold them :D :D

Back