• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any interest in using 97+ switches in earlier models?

wizardPC

NAXJA Forum User
For the 97+ models, I designed a 6 switch panel to replace the oem one:

625x465_4132186_13490179_1458511281.jpg

Since I have the model for the switch port anyway, is there any interest in a panel for the earlier XJs? I'm pretty sure I'd be able to squeeze three XJ/TJ OEM switches in the panels to the left and right of the steering column.

I'd need someone in the Nashville/Franklin/Smyrna area with an older XJ to help me test fitment.

The major problem, of course, is that those XJ/TJ switches are like $18+ each, and the early XJ/YJ switches can be replaced with $2 contura knockoffs.

This is really neat! I love the knockoff switches to replace the factory 97+ XJ switches! I bought one for my light bar that actually says light bar on it with the little symbol and put it in place of my factory fog light switch since they had been removed long ago. I have always wondered how I could snug in a few more switches so I wouldn't have to drill holes in my dash for toggle switches.

If you need any testing I'm down. I actually have a factory 4 port. I have access to a 95 and a 89MJ

Well, after the Crawl, I'm a believer that I need a better switch plate system.

What would be the price to do a late model with 3 switches, one "cigar lighter" port, and no less than 4 USB ports?

Have you explored creating anything that can be mounted into the back of the center console (perhaps in place of the ashtray) for the late models that will provide USB ports to the back seat passengers?

Back