• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Allocation of Fund Dilema

Bleckers3

NAXJA Forum User
I hate how distracted I get. :dunno:

I have several hobbies including obviously working on Jeeps, shooting, boating, fishing etc.

I build AR-15's from time to time and there are some sweet deals on quality parts available.

I also want a larger welder. My 110v Lincoln is sweet on thin gauge but just won't cut the mustard for 3/16 and up. Pretty much eliminating any serious slider, rack, bumper, suspension welding. I have my eye on a Lincoln 216 or 256.

Do I back burner the new AR (lower is burning a hole in my safe) and aim for the welder, or go for the speedy gratification, complete hands on research then get a shiny new welder...

Who says the economy sux....

As much as I love ARs (starting my own company manufacturing parts type love), I'd have to say go with the welder. Although, if you have money left over, go ahead and drop the coin on a BCG or something, at least get another 'high dollar' part knocked out of the way.

-Eric

Yeah, I may just build our the lower. My plans are lightweight MOE SHTF type. I already have a few sweet ones...

Im debating signing up for a mid level welding class to get some more time on a variety of machines. I know the 216 would be fine, but I love the adjustability of the 256. Analysis paralysis...

Back