• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Allentown,PA

w_howey

NAXJA Forum User
I'm not sure if this the correct chapter for the area.. but hey I'm MWC if its not sheep,beer and mud... we screw things up...

We are considering a work related move to the area...

We have kids that will be in school, so finding decent school districts is a concern. I have heard that Parkland School District is a good one, are there others in the area?

Most of the houses we have been seeing on the 'net are not what we are used to. No yards, small if any garages and many are row house style. Is this normal, or are we in the wrong price range to get a decent sized house, yard and garage?

You're in the right chapter, but unfortunately, I'm about 2 hours north of Allentown, so don't have any info I can share with you.

IF you can get out of town into the country, you may be able to find a lot more house and land. But, that may impact the school district.

Hopefully, someone in the area can respond.

David Bricker / SYR

Alot of allentown is row homes but a few blocks away and houses look real nice. I do not know the "bad areas" of the town though. Check out BMJA.org a kinda local jeep club. Sign up to their forum and ask there.

Allentown has its bad areas, but the nice part is you can get out of the Allentown area pretty quickly and find some nicer homes. I don't have much insight into the schools up there. Pajeepman is right, there are some bmja members that live in that area. I live about an hour away and have some customers in that area so I spend some time driving through it. Where will you be working?

Parkland School District is somewhat north and west of the "city of Allentown".
I am in the Northwestern Lehigh School District, about 12 miles north of Allentown.
More rural here.

thanks for the responses and the tip about BMJA. I will have to check them out.

If I get/take the job I will be working on the far southwest corner of the city at Dayton Superior.

John, I will let you know if we do come out there.

Tomorrow is the big interview for the position. I have a couple hours worth of team interviews.

Ambassador Drive?
I used to work across the street on Snowdrift Rd.
Know the area well.

That is the one. I still at this point have no idea about whether this is happening or not. I got a call from HR today asking if I am still interested in the job, but had no record of the team interviews I had a couple weeks ago.

Back