• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alaska build

MOBBiN

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everyone. New guy here. My name is Sam and I live in Palmer Alaska. I relocated from Portland, OR in 2010. I became a member during the membership drive so I figured I'd make a build thread. Here's a current shot of my rig:

It's got the basics: RE 5.5" Long arm kit, hp d30 & c8.25 with lunchbox lockers and 4.56s & a d300 with cable shifters (work in progress)

Welcome. Where is Palmer? Nice rig. What kind of wheeling do you have where you live?

Here are pictures of Canada

159.jpg

160.jpg

170.jpg

Right around where this piture was taken ,about 170 miles out of anchorage, my water pump started leaking pretty bad. I limped her in to the jeep dealership today to find out my main rod bearings are shot. That explains my low oil pressure. I ended up getting a new long block with 76,000 miles installed free under the warrenty
171.jpg

wildlife:

162.jpg

163.jpg

Destruction bay:

168.jpg

My boys want to move to Alaska, but just don't know how to pay the rent. Not really researched...

Wrapping up my steering project.

Also got a killer deal on a hydro assist setup on pirate and a box locally for 20$. Just need to find some time to tear apart the box, tap and rebuild it

No I just cut about 1/2" off the tap after I got about 6 threads deep. Top didnt need a bottom tap, only the bottom hole. Here's the final product

Not bad for about 120$ :)

Last edited:
Back