• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adopt A Trail Incentive program

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
The San Bernardino National Forest Adapt A Trail program is essential for keeping the roads and trails open for public use in the SBNF. The SBNF AAT program has become a model for ALL the NAtional Forests. It is a success because of the volunteers.

The SoCal BOD has decided to reward those who participate in the AAT program. We have set aside $500 to purchase items to be awarded to those who particpate in the SBNF Adopt A Trail program as a representative of the SoCal NAXJA chapter.

How do you earn the awards? For every hour volunteered you will receive an opportunity in a drawing at the end of the year. The AAT program runs on a fiscal year that ends September 30. There will be an end of the year awards BBQ at the Discovery Center in Big Bear on Saturday September 28. The SoCal chapter has reserved the Green Spot group campground for that weekend. We will award the prizes the evening of September 28 at the campground.

I will keep track of the hours that an individual earns as part of the paperwork that I have to turn into the Forest Service. You can also earn an Adventure Pass for 100 hours volunteered or an America the Beautiful Natoan Parks and Federal Lands Pass for 250 hours volunteered.

The first item that we have purchased is a 174 piece Crafstman Mechanics Tool set.

So let me know what else that you would like to see as a reward.

There are three Adopt A Trail events this month. I hope to see you there.

Remember folks, you earn hours for maintenance, meetings, classes, and USFS led runs. Pretty much anything you see posted in this sub-forum qualifies you to get tickets.

Get some!

Back