• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 wrangler parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

resq229

NAXJA Forum User
96 wrangler parts

bad frame, good tub, 4cyl motor, trans and transfer case. be a great start to a buggy project. prices are OBO depending on what all you want. I guess I can email you pictures since I cannot add them directly.

in Waynesville, NC 28786

Call james, 828-452-1043

i need the seatbelts front and rear complete whatcha want for them shipped to 32730

So is this a 96 YJ or a 96 TJ?

:D

lol. I thought the title was just to be funny or catch eyes but apparently not.

96 TJ it is...

tj I believe, pics posted now.

FYI, It's at least a 97.

--------------

Though, if anyone is interested, I have a slew of 1983 Corvette parts that I'll be posting for sale soon. Several of those parts will interchange directly to a 96 TJ.

Last edited:
lol. I thought the title was just to be funny or catch eyes but apparently not.

96 TJ it is...

FYI, It's at least a 97.

--------------

Though, if anyone is interested, I have a slew of 1983 Corvette parts that I'll be posting for sale soon. Several of those parts will interchange directly to a 96 TJ.

Kind of funny you say that because the vin sticker plate in the drivers side door channel has (1996) as the year model. I even called to verify and its stickered 6/1996, I'm going by tomorrow and I will get pictures of the tag. I know its a TJ but the sticker says 1996.

Last edited:
Kind of funny you say that because the vin sticker plate in the drivers side door channel has (1996) as the year model. I even called to verify and its stickered 6/1996, I'm going by tomorrow and I will get pictures of the tag. I know its a TJ but the sticker says 1996.

I don't doubt that. It's likely an early 97 model as Jeep never marketed a 96 Wrangler. They just ramped up production a little early that year for the 97 after the redesign.

I'm just picking at ya.

I don't doubt that. It's likely an early 97 model as Jeep never marketed a 96 Wrangler. They just ramped up production a little early that year for the 97 after the redesign.

I'm just picking at ya.

I know man, its all good. just have to show the sticker for the non believers.. I was a little stumped at first myself because I didn't think they made any in 1996,, but I now know for sure that in 06/1996 they were making the TJ,, I even asked the guy to see the title to see if it was dated 1996 but he doesn't have it.

Weird, that VIN decodes to a 1997 when I look it up. So yeah, it was produced halfway through 96, but it's a 97 model year and a 97 in every way including parts lookup and legality as far as anyone's concerned.

People confuse model year and build date allllll the time though. It's probably to blame for 99% of the "jeep just used whatever parts happened to be sitting around at the time" rumors in the jeep community.

http://www.decodethis.com/vin/1J4FY29P6VP442966

Weird, that VIN decodes to a 1997 when I look it up. So yeah, it was produced halfway through 96, but it's a 97 model year and a 97 in every way including parts lookup and legality as far as anyone's concerned.

People confuse model year and build date allllll the time though. It's probably to blame for 99% of the "jeep just used whatever parts happened to be sitting around at the time" rumors in the jeep community.

http://www.decodethis.com/vin/1J4FY29P6VP442966

I wish I could have seen the title to it,, seems legal issues would occur if it was stickered as a 1996 on the VIN tag but titled as a 97 on paper.

So anyway, call James at the number provided if you guys need anything. he won't ship but I will be happy to pick up and ship anything you buy from it, just pay me the shipping cost.

Last edited:
The sticker is the manufacture date only. Has nothing to do with titling it.

I've owned plenty of vehicles that were 'built' in say 1988 but were actually a 1989 model.

In my best Cliff Clavin voice (if you don't know who that is you deserve 30 lashes)....

pretty much all auto makers make the next model year in the current model year. I'm actually surprised my 2003 dodge was built in 2003...I've seen a fair few built in 2002...that's how you can buy a 2017 model year car...in 2016. :D Or a 2017 year camper, ATV, boat etc...in 2016.

I wish I could have seen the title to it,, seems legal issues would occur if it was stickered as a 1996 on the VIN tag but titled as a 97 on paper.

So anyway, call James at the number provided if you guys need anything. he won't ship but I will be happy to pick up and ship anything you buy from it, just pay me the shipping cost.

Build date is when it rolled off the line. They start building all vehicles next model year around September (From what I've seen).

My 99 was built 11/98.

I'm actually surprised my 04 ranger edge says 04 on the vin sticker and our 2013 Chevy impala says 13 and my 09 KLR650 say 09

I'm actually surprised everyone says jeep didn't built wranglers in 96 after I posted the vin tag from Chrysler corp saying it was built in 96.... I posted pictures of the dang thing itself and I posted pictures of the VIN tag itself,, what's it matter?? JUST TRYING to see if anyone needs some wrangler parts... I'm not even making a penny on any of it,, just trying to help people out.... FORGET IT, why waste my time!! stupid stuff like this is why I no longer pay in to these forums.

If someone needs something call James and go pick it up, I'm out. geez i try to help people and all they want to do is criticize and try to make you look bad or like an idiot.

Lighten up. It's just ribbing.

The fact is that Jeep never manufactured a 96 YEAR MODEL Wrangler. The more you know...

Jeep BUILT Jeeps in 96. But they didn't sell them until 97 and they were titled as a 97.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back