• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

92, XJ, 4.0 Engine mounts

That would depend on "what" came loose? Other wise just age, lack of maintenance!

Nothing has come loose, seems fine, just I was told there is an unusual (not typical) issue with the engine mounts. Difficult to find engine mounts to the engine on the passenger side, might you know the socket size?

Whoever told you this is probably talking about the brackets that mount to the block. They will sometimes break, or the bolts will shear off. I believe there are only 3 bolts attaching the factory brackets to the block.

You can do an inspection of the brackets and check the bolts, too. I don't know the socket size offhand.

BrownDog and Stinky Fab Racing make different brackets for the 4.0, if that becomes a concern.

It happens often enough that you should check/inspect.

I just replaced mine after I found two bolts with their heads broken off and one of them stripped out.

They're a 9/16 head. If you look down and don't see any suspiciously missing you're probably fine. I've heard you can check for a gap between the bolts and the bracket or between the bracket and block with a feeler gauage if you're concerned about them coming apart.

Back