• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

92 Jeep Cherokee XJ chop top for sale $7000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: 92 Jeep Cherokee XJ chop top for sale $7000

Did you buy this directly from Chris? This is not the sort of thing his reputation would suggest.

Unless chris bought it back from the guy he sold it to(Steve is also a stand up guy) and decided to sell it again, he did not buy it from Chris.

In this add it reads that Chris bought it built from another member here. It reads that Chris made a couple drivetrain mods along with the chop cage and int. accessories. I'm guessing a chop and cage plus the other non drivetrain mods would have cost in excess of 4k if you paid a shop to do it. He stated he replaced front dever springs with a new set of front dever springs, mods to the transfercase, and chromos up front.

My point is if Chris relied on the previous owner to be truthful and he was not the guy who sold it to you, how can you post that he misrepresented the sale?

Now, if you're Steve(the muffler shop guy who bought it from Chris) , it's another story....

Ok. To answer the questions.
1st, I bought it from Steve, one week after he bought it. His wife hated it, so it sat in his garage for a week in Havasu untouched. So no, nothing changed from when Chris delivered to Havasu for him. I know Steve from a boating site, where the jeep was posted a couple days after he bought it from here.
2nd, I found out about the lockers a few months ago (after a less than performing trip to big bear). Pulled the covers off to see why it wasn't working. Low and behold, because it wasn't there.
3rd, (roz), Chris sold it stating it had certain mods. Which was not the case. HE misrepresented the jeep. Either intentionally or otherwise, no matter. He was the seller. If he wasn't positive of the mods, he shouldn't have stated it in an ad. Would it be ok if I 'was told' the jeep had a stroker motor in it so I advertise it for sale as such??? Not so much.... If he stated "the previous owner says it has ( ), but I haven't confirmed" then it's on me. That's not how the ad reads.
As for the mods he made costing 4k if a shop did it. Doesn't matter. The jeep was sold for the price he was asking. Supposedly with the mods HE stated were done.

Souske, why would I need to pull covers when I got home???? I took his for sale ad as fact.

As for why it took me until now to post?? I just found out (from Deaver) that the leaf pack is NOT a deaver pack. That pissed me off again. I started to post when I found about the lockers, but figured it as a lesson learned. The lesson is now getting more expensive as I find the most performance based mods are not done.

roz "My point is if Chris relied on the previous owner to be truthful and he was not the guy who sold it to you, how can you post that he misrepresented the sale?"

You can't be serious with that statement??

I expected the blind support for Chris on this. That's how internet forums go. I get it. But if this post makes people question the site 'regulars' more often on purchases, then the next guy may not get ripped off. There's not a person on this board that would've questioned the posted ad due to his prior reputation. And, not for a second, do I believe that anyone reading this wouldn't be pissed off if they got ripped off, no matter who the seller was.

It sounds like you need to go back to the guy you bought it from then, as you didn't do any business with Chris. If that guy chooses, he can go back to Chris.

Who did you talk to at Deaver? Deaver changed suppliers on their leaf supplies a couple of years back, and I know some of the younger kids that work there have a habit of flying off the cuff when they come across the older stuff.

As far as the locker guys, buyer beware. Go talk to Steve, he sold it without confirming what was there and misrepresented it to you.

Its not that you should have suspected that things were not as advertised, but rather just to give things a once over, check for any broken teeth, clean, and add new lube.
Maybe thats just me.

Not saying you are wrong, but as a third party observer, the way this story is told just makes it too hard to definitively point the finger in any one direction.

You bought the rig from a guy who bought it from another guy, who bought it from another guy, who saw ferris pass out at 31 flavors last night.
Too much time has passed, and this rig has changed hands too many times without a confirmation of what was/was not there. Sorry about your luck, but Im not sure its fair to call someone out with no proof.

my $.02

Ok. To answer the questions.
1st, I bought it from Steve, one week after he bought it. His wife hated it, so it sat in his garage for a week in Havasu untouched. So no, nothing changed from when Chris delivered to Havasu for him. I know Steve from a boating site, where the jeep was posted a couple days after he bought it from here.
2nd, I found out about the lockers a few months ago (after a less than performing trip to big bear). Pulled the covers off to see why it wasn't working. Low and behold, because it wasn't there.
3rd, (roz), Chris sold it stating it had certain mods. Which was not the case. HE misrepresented the jeep. Either intentionally or otherwise, no matter. He was the seller. If he wasn't positive of the mods, he shouldn't have stated it in an ad. Would it be ok if I 'was told' the jeep had a stroker motor in it so I advertise it for sale as such??? Not so much.... If he stated "the previous owner says it has ( ), but I haven't confirmed" then it's on me. That's not how the ad reads.
As for the mods he made costing 4k if a shop did it. Doesn't matter. The jeep was sold for the price he was asking. Supposedly with the mods HE stated were done.

Souske, why would I need to pull covers when I got home???? I took his for sale ad as fact.

As for why it took me until now to post?? I just found out (from Deaver) that the leaf pack is NOT a deaver pack. That pissed me off again. I started to post when I found about the lockers, but figured it as a lesson learned. The lesson is now getting more expensive as I find the most performance based mods are not done.

roz "My point is if Chris relied on the previous owner to be truthful and he was not the guy who sold it to you, how can you post that he misrepresented the sale?"

You can't be serious with that statement??

I expected the blind support for Chris on this. That's how internet forums go. I get it. But if this post makes people question the site 'regulars' more often on purchases, then the next guy may not get ripped off. There's not a person on this board that would've questioned the posted ad due to his prior reputation. And, not for a second, do I believe that anyone reading this wouldn't be pissed off if they got ripped off, no matter who the seller was.

I'd be pissed as well if i were you.

I too would have taken what the Ad said and expected to have what was listed. The last thing i'd want to do is more work and go over everything. Especially if im forking over that much cash for a rig.

But, something similar happened to me a while back when buying "deaver" leafs that turned out to be not so much. I was noob ( more so than i m now ) and took the guys word for it. Lesson learned. in your case, i dont think there was a way to find out sooner. :dunno:

But, something similar happened to me a while back when buying "deaver" leafs that turned out to be not so much. I was noob ( more so than i m now ) and took the guys word for it. Lesson learned. in your case, i dont think there was a way to find out sooner. :dunno:
Sorry about that Julio, I swear they said "Devir" on them when I sold them to you! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back