• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89' XJ T-case

MAXXO6

NAXJA Forum User
Hey XJ family,

I picked up Ruby about a year ago (89 XJ). She's coming along nicely but I am starting on my next project for her. I want to swap in a Rubicon T-case for the better crawl ratio. I've looked threw threads but I must not be using the correct search terms. I know I have some spline count problems to overcome. What I am looking for is a walk through to kind of get an idea what all I'm in for. Or I would even be open to other ideas you all might have. Over all goal is not touch the high range, make up for stock in 4.56 gears, and double the low range. I've heard a lot of the doubler kits for this T-case will shell themselves after heavy use around 2500rpm? Thank you for the knowledge and help!

Best way would be to swap in a later model XJ trans with 23-spline output shaft. Swap out flanges for 1310 yokes. And a little massaging of the trans tunnel area to fit the larger tcase.

Back