• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4Sale 1998 Jeep Cherokee Classic

turpehar

NAXJA Forum User
Up for sale is a 1998 Jeep Cherokee Classic with 160K miles. This is a daily driver driven five days a week, 15 miles by grandma (really).

It has a 4.5" RC lift, 33 x 10.50 BFG AT's on Mickey Thompson classic wheels. New front brakes, CAT, Muffler, unit bearings, hitch. Also has an aftermarket AM/FM CD player. Interior is clean at about 8.5 of a scale of 10, same for the exterior. The A/C works very well and has never needed a recharged.

Notable issues; Passenger power windows sometimes do not work from their own switch, but work from the drivers switch. Also, the back hatch latch broke and to replace it I had to cut a hole in the hatch panel to replace it. The rocker on the passenger side was dented sitting still and has been professionally repaired.

Tires are about %60, Wheels are near new. Wheeled one time at the Badlands, IN

$5000

PM Me

DSC02206.jpg

this will fix your pass window issue...

1. remove the interior door panel
2. disconnect the two connectors that attach the wiring harness in the door to the switch panel assembly in the driver's door armrest. There is one blue one, and one white one.
3. remove enough outer tape on the wiring harness to expose the colored insulation of the wires in the harness bundle.
4. make a small jumper wire from a piece of 16 guage insulated wire about 6 inches long, with both ends stripped back about 1/2 inch.
5. On the BLUE connector that attached to driver's power window switch assembly, there is a TAN COLORED WIRE that goes into pin #9 on that connector. Strip the insulation off that wire for a short distance (1/2 inch), and SOLDER one end of the jumper wire to this tan wire. Tape the connection tightly once soldered.
6. One the WHITE connector attached to the driver's power window switch assembly, there is a YELLOW COLORED WIRE that goes to pin #8 on that connector. Strip the insulation off that wire for a short distance (1/2 inch), and solder the other end of the jumper wire you created to this yellow wire. Tap the connection tightly, once soldered.
7. Reconnect the switch assembly to the wiring harness, and reinstall the door panel.
8. Admire your repair.

dan

this will fix your pass window issue...

Veiw post, file, print

thanks, i always had this problem but just said F it it drives the wife crazy, this sounds like something i can do on my lunch brake :cool:

good luck with the sale man

Back