• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4 cyl muffler

Define better sounding. Quieter? Louder? Sounds like a fart pipe?

Put an LS in it. You could try a flowmaster or similar setup with a high flow cat and muffler, but it's still just a 4cyl. They don't move enough air and tend to idle in ways that keep you from getting that deep rumble most people look for in truck type applications.

By better sounding l mean al little louder and deeper sounding it has no tach so loud enough you can tell it's running. A different engine would be nice but it's way over budget plus NC inspections andDMV are not the best to deal with. Thanks for the reply

I recommend a Flowmaster 40.

You mentioned "no tach", I don't know what year you have, but I installed the full gauge cluster into my 4 cyl. '96 without much problem. For my year, all I needed to add was proper water temp. and oil pressure senders. I kept the original speedo., but wish I would have waited until the two matched in mileage so I could have the trip odometer.
Mike

Back