• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2008 National Event discussion and pre-planning.

AZRockRunner

Nobody
Hey Jon and Steve, lets start working this thing since the natives are getting restless.

As Jon and I were talking, the March timeframe is the best time before the heat and rains hit.
FJ area offers enough trails to keep everyone happy and has enough camping places to make it relaxing. BTW, Steve, I claim the spot 1st. LOL

So, lets try and contact the other major clubs and see that there not planning anything in the area and set a date.

Steve, we need you to contact NAXJA and get a copy of the insurance policy so we can get our permit filed.

Okay I will ask the bod about the paperwork we need. March is fine with me. I already searched for other major events in the area but it was too far in advance and no clubs had made plans. We need to search around for that info again so I’ll start looking, too.

Wounded XJ said:
Hey Brian does this count?

Nope.

So, Steve is in for March. Once we have determined that there are no other events out there, we can set the dates in the calander area of the forum.
I do know that the Bronco guys usually run sometime in March up there and they are huge.
I will work on getting in touch with them to make sure we dont overlap. I would like to have a date set by end of next week. That way we can start working on trails, trail leaders and fund raising. I am hoping to have a nice banner that we can all sign and maybe even throw a cookout on 1 night for a small fee. Big fire, hotdogs, hamburgers and stuff like that.

Well, off to the airport for me, I will check in when I can.

Lata

Wounded XJ said:
Hey Brian does this count?

Does what count?
tipshades.gif

I think there is enough interest to order more shirts and stickers. I had most of the stuff sold in under an hour. When I receive all the info and account $ I will work on getting more stuff out the door to increase funds for this. Any thoughts on getting donations from 4x4 retailers for a raffle during the event weekend? It may not cover the cost for this years stuff, but may with next year.

Wounded XJ said:
I think there is enough interest to order more shirts and stickers. I had most of the stuff sold in under an hour. When I receive all the info and account $ I will work on getting more stuff out the door to increase funds for this. Any thoughts on getting donations from 4x4 retailers for a raffle during the event weekend? It may not cover the cost for this years stuff, but may with next year.

cold calling man. I can ask Dave O if Desert Fab will dontate a few items. Maybe we can sell sponsor space on the banner if we can get one?

I think that you should post up for more interest in the shirts and stickers. Also maybe we can get hats this time. There is a minimum order though, so make sure to find that out also.

Well, I was thinking about this some more and I think that a 4 day event would be awsome. The out of towners might be more apt to showing up if it is a longer event. I suggest March 27th - March 30th. Thats 4 days of fun in the AZ sun. I can get the time easily since I run my own business. So, what do you guys think?

I don’t see a problem with that date. It’s the weekend after easter. There’s no live fire scheduled for that weekend. I don’t think there is any other event planned for that weekend at this time.

XJ20 said:
I don’t see a problem with that date. It’s the weekend after easter. There’s no live fire scheduled for that weekend. I don’t think there is any other event planned for that weekend at this time.

Well, should we get a few dates together for a vote or just set a date. I think we should just all 3 of us agree and set the date. If we put it to a vote, then there will always be an issue with someone or something.

I guess we will wait for jon to pipe in and then go from there.

AZRockRunner said:
Well, should we get a few dates together for a vote or just set a date. I think we should just all 3 of us agree and set the date. If we put it to a vote, then there will always be an issue with someone or something.

I guess we will wait for jon to pipe in and then go from there.

No matter what date is picked or voted on it will not work for some people. Due to the clock ticking I say set the date ASAP. If the date is set this week it will give people a good amount of time to beg for time off and especially the out of state members.

Back