• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 model some door locks not working

Cheath94

NAXJA Forum User
I have recently bought my first XJ, not my first jeep i own a 48 willys and have owned a few other flatfenders, anyways this jeep had a few electrical issues. The ign switch was bad so that was replaced. the drivers window, lock, and mirror controls were bad so I replaced that. I also checked and repaired any split wires in the door jambs. My current situation is that both power mirrors work, all the power windows work, but only the passenger front and rear hatch power locks work. The drivers front and both rear doors do nothing. I have the wiring diagram and it appears that both rear doors and the drivers front lock actuator motors are spliced together somewhere. Any info would help trying to trace down the issue.

Thanks
Cody

I have not tried that yet. It is a 2 pin plug so I gonna assume that when you apply power to one pin and ground the other then it will either lock or unlock and vice versa when the power/ground is swapped?

*UPDATE*
Tested the door lock motor while still mounted in the door, I got nothing not even a sound from them. So I decided to remove one of them to investigate how they were structured. When I removed it, it was covered in 16 years of gunk, so I disassembled it and cleaned it up with some kerosene (that's the best I could fine at the house) I greased all of the mating surfaces with light grease and reassembled. They bench tested good so now all of my power locks now work. Thanks for the info wizardPC.

Back