• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 Mercury Sable for JEEP TRADE

jakeWI

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I am testing the waters for a possible trade of my DD for another jeep. I dont need to sell it, but I do like jeeps.

I have a 2000 Mercury Sable LS
153,xxx - changes daily because its my DD
3.0 24v DOHC
Automatic
Power windows, Locks, Drivers seat, Sun Roof
Cruise control
Leather
Keyless Entry
multi disc cd changer/cassette/radio
Nice big trunk
Maroon-ish, dark red in color
Good Tires and brakes
Easily averaging 25+ MPG
Brand new battery, MAF sensor and a cooling line this year. Should have receipts for all of those especially because they are obviously under warranty.

Bad: Some rust under the stupid plastic rocker covers. Floor looks good though. Check engine light. Thought it was MAF sensor, but already replaced. So it also would be O2 sensor/s. Low coolant light is on. It came on when I had to replace the coolant line. Just never reset it. Has a rough idol and or will kill at stops. I have just been keeping my foot on the brake and touching the gas to keep it from happening.

KBB at FAIR, bottom price, is $2900

Looking to trade for a jeep: Let me know what you have, with pictures and maybe I'll bite.

Jeep Comanche - low to no rust, 4x4, preferably a 1991 with HO or 4cyl
Jeep Cherokee - No rust, 4x4, HO or 4cyl
Jeep YJ - 4x4, good shape

Nothing with 250,000 plus mileage. No projects.

I will get pictures if someone is truly interested.

If you feel your trade isn't worth it, just try me first as long as it comes close to what I was looking for. To be honest, I dont mind trading straight up without any money involved. So even if I get a slightly less of the trade, but its something I feel I wouldnt mind, I'll do it.

I took it into the dealership tonight to diagnose any issues to at least give some more specific answers on any issue with the car. That way I can at least answer anyone better with said issues above.

Like I said as well, I would consider trading for something less in value even up just to get another jeep.

I am looking for something in the value range of $1000-$3000 depending on what jeep and condition. Weather it be a woody XJ or newer, YJ or MJ. Not really sure on exactly I would be looking for, so just run it by me. You may be surprised.

Also, thinking about it, I would consider a willys flatfender PROJECT or complete as a trade.

If you are thinking about an outright sale (cash), PM me. Might consider if it doesnt get traded soon enough.

Well I posted it on CL for a cash price. Figured I would post it for trade in value.

The issues I listed above were diagnosed.

Check Engine Light/Rough Idle/Stalls at Stop: 2 PCV hoses. Dealership said $182 installed. Which can obviously be done cheaper yourself.

Low Coolant Light: Bad Sensor. Dealership Said $262 installed. Do it yourself or just deal with the light.

Back