• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 Jeep XJ for Parts

RedXJSled

NAXJA Forum User
Just a few months after an extensive rebuild, my Cherokee was hit hard in the right front wheel. The unibody is toast so I’m parting it out. I would prefer to sell it complete to someone looking to repower a straight body.

About 2000 miles on a complete engine overhaul; machining by HDS Machine in Escondido, CA, bore .020 over, rods and mains .010 under, hyperutectic pistons, Modine high-output oil pump, new timing chain set, New Promaxx cylinder head from Quadratec, new coil pack, new FlowKooler water pump and outlet fitting, one year old fuel injectors, M.O.R.E. motor mounts. I used Joe Gibb break-in oil, then Mobil1.
New Champion polished aluminum radiator, new hoses and belt, new 140 Amp Durango alternator, 2 - year old A/C compressor, hoses, dryer and condenser.
AW4 auto trans (I also have a spare AW4 trans and torque converter), New 71 plate trans cooler with -8AN fittings and hose, new AutoMeter transmission temp gauge, power steering cooler, NP 231 with Advance Adapters SYE, Tom Wood’s drive shafts front and rear.
Rear Dana 44 from ’89 XJ rebuilt with new Dana limited slip carrier, 4.10 gears, bearings and seals, new 10” drum brakes. Rusty’s 4 inch lift rear springs with JKS Boomerang shackles. Fox 2.0 remote reservoir shocks, Rusty’s steel gas tank shield, New stainless Magnaflow muffler.
The front Dana 30 should be evaluated closely since it took the main impact and sheared the Rusty’s LCAs at the poor welds. It started with fresh 4.10 Yukon gears, Timken bearings, WJ knuckles with Akenobo calipers and Ford Sport Trac drilled and slotted rotors. Knuckles were converted to mid-steer with GM 1-ton tie rod ends. The custom 1.5” by .250 wall tie rod and draglink are still straight but one of the draglink tie rod ends is bent. The new Deaver 5.5” front coils probably made it back to the tow truck driver’s house but not mine. New power steering gearbox but it should be suspect due to the impact.
Corbeau Baja XJS front seats.
The driver’s side doors and rear hatch are still straight, hood is good with Cordova hood vents installed. Delta headlights with H4 bulbs. Four good Jeep 16” rims with 265/75-16 BFG All Terrains, three at 12/32” tread and one older spare.

PM me with offers.

RIP, Red XJ Sled

Back