• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 Jeep Cherokee...for parts...for driving...for jumping...

Status
Not open for further replies.

altrocker1

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 xj that we have been trying to sell locally, but if someone from the mwc wants it, i could be convinced to drive it to ohio or indiana on our upcoming trip. it would probably make it all the way to iowa but i may need a few extra bucks to drive it that far so i can put a little more time into making sure its good...she ain't pretty but with a little work could be a decent dd or a winter beater.

The good:
-runs and drives fine...I drove it to work today
-not terribly rusty...though its been in ny for a while, so it does have some rust
-reliable as they come...even when it sits for a few weeks or when we've had to take it on long drives it just does its job....

The bad...
-needs a headliner...the po removed it
-needs wheel bearings
-brakes stick a bit because of worn caliper slides (i'm probably going to just fill it in with some weld and grind it back flush
-needs tires...it will come with okay tires, but they are all mis matched
-has a dent on the rockers (hard to see in the pic) where it looks like the previous owner ran it up over top of something...
-smells like gear oil a bit because some dummy (me) dumped a bunch in the rear compartment
-hood latch is broken, but the previous owner whipped up a nifty pull handle that works fine
-exhaust leak...though ill fix that before driving it out because it drones a bit on the highway
-ugly (i own it so it has to be ugly)
-check engine light is on for evap but it has an aftermarket gas cap...i suspect that may be the culprit

for $950 ill throw a cheap set of wheel bearings on it and drive it to you...
for $800 ill drive it to you, but you have to buy the wheel bearings...i'm not sure i would want to get it on the highway for 3-7 hours with the ones currently on it...you can have them shipped to my house or you can order online from advance and i will go pick them up.

here are some pics of princess fugly muffins...i can get some better ones if you'd like...

13100780_10153396037031396_310093548470614611_n_zpsa92ajg7c.jpg

IMG_20151003_181410667_zpsh2pslawg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back