• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1995 Cherokee Sport 6.5" and well built

shaggybob

NAXJA Forum User
1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 217,000 miles, 6.5" lift, 33" tires, onboard air, Power Locks, windows, and mirrors.

Engine:
Replaced cracked factory exhaust with a header from APN June 2009.
Replaced crankshaft, rod and crank bearings, oil pump, timing set and all realted gaskets and seals after oil pump failure in May 2009.
Replaced failing factory 2 nozzle injectors with ford 4 nozzle injectors, and installed 50 psi regulator july 2010.
Replaced MAP sensor, IAC valve, and TPS August 2010.
Exhaust has been replaced from the header back with new front pipe, cat, and flowmaster 50 series muffler, and new tail pipe.
Passes TN emmissions every year without issue.

Transmission:
Had inspected and tolerances checked by Hixson transmission in May 2009. They found everything to be in spec except the band, which was replaced along with all gaskets and seals. Also installed a trans cooler at that time. Has been setup up for full manual control or automatic operation utilizing a Rail shifter from RADesigns, extremely nice on the trail, allowing engine braking in 1st gear, but giving you full automatic shifting for the street.
Transfer Case:
Installed SYE, new seals, and 2WD-Lo kit in May 2009.

Suspension:
Front:
4.5" BDS springs with 2" spacers for a total of 6.5 inches.
Ironman 4x4 fab upper and lower control arms, made from solid 1.25" diameter steel.
Control arm drop kit from Rocky Road installed to improve the angles on the control arms for better ride and better flex with minimal axle movement front to rear.
Custom steering comprised of Rock Krawler solid 4130 tie rod, Draglink relocated higher and custom built track bar and mounts to improve flex and remove bumpsteer completely. Steering work by Rock Solid Fab.
Rear:
Rocky Road 1.5" shackles for better articulation.
5" leaf springs. The rear springs are 1 of 2 things on the entire Jeep that I'm not happy with. They were not the best springs to begin with and have gotten weak. I had planned to replace them with BDS 5" springs, and definitely will if I don't sell the jeep.

Axles:
Front:
Dana 30 with 4.10 gears, Aussie locker, Yukon Hardcore inner shafts, Alloy USA stub shafts, Spicer 760X u joints, and Solid Axle industries cover. New unit bearings October 2010.
Rear:
Ford 8.8 4.10 with disc brakes completely rebuilt may 2010, Powertraxx No slip locker, Solid axle industries cover.Tubes have been fully welded to the center section.

Bumpers:
Front:
TJM with Hella 500's and Warn M8000 winch
Rear:
Custom built by Rock Solid Fab with swingaway tire carrier.
Also has rock sliders by AJ's offroad armor.
Tires and wheels:
Cragar Soft 8's 15x8 4" backspacing. 33x12.50-15 tires. This is the other thing I'm not happy with. 3 of the tires are Maxxis Bighorns, 1 is a Dunlop mud Rover. Had a full matching set until I cut a sidewall on a rock last fall at Golden Mountain. Had planned on just replacing them with a set of 35's but haven't. The jeep works well with either 33's or 35's, but the tires that are on it right now are in good shape.

Miscellaneous:
Uniden CB with weather, VIAIR onboard compressor with tank, CD player. A/C does not work, Expansion valve went bad, bought a new one, then the threads came off the high pressure hose, bought a new hose, then the threads came off the compressor. Still have the Valve and hose, will at least need a compressor.

This is not a must sell situation, not even close. In fact, I would rather not sell it, but since I have not used it much in the last year I thought I would see if anyone is interested in having a very tough Jeep, that can be driven to and through the trails.

Pics and vids can be found here:http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/2527723406.html

7000/offers accepted, please don't low ball

Will be more friendly with negotiating to NAXJA members.

Last edited:
Back