• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1992 XJ for sale

Peregrine

NAXJA Forum User
It is time to let her go to a new home. After 13 years of ownership...didn't think I would ever part, but the "honey-do" list is getting huge and the jeep just sits in the garage. Thanks to everyone who has helped me out over the years (directly and indirectly!). I have only met a handful of the members on here, but those who I have met have helped me out greatly. Thanks and Happy Trails to all of you. **If things don't go as planned with the sale, she may be parted out...I would hate to do that, but have to get some cash from her for home improvements.**

PM with any questions. More pics upon request or at http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3043120651.html

$6500 OBO Located in Highland Ranch

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo XJ
224,000 total miles on truck (complete engine rebuild at 171K miles in 2003…paperwork available)
4.0L Inline 6 High Output
AW4 Automatic Transmission
NP231 Transfer Case w/ Advanced Adapters Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit and Tom Woods Rear DriveShaft

Lift/Suspension
3.5” Rubicon Express Super Flex Lift Kit w/ full rear spring packs.
Rough Country Control Arm Drop Brackets and Braces.
TeraFlex Monster Adjustable Front Upper Control Arms.
1” ProComp aluminum spacer in front and JKS 1” Boomerang Shackles in rear.
JKS quicker sway bar disconnects with custom holders.
Old Man Emu Long Travel Nitrogen Shocks front/rear.
JKS BarPin Eliminators front/rear.
Big Daddy Offroad Heavy-Duty Tie Rod.
ProComp steering stabilizer.
Vehicle sits at 5.25” over stock front/rear.

Tires/Wheels
32”x11.5”x15” BFG KM2 Mud Terrains (New - less than 500 miles).
New Matching Spare
Jeep 15”x8” Canyon Wheels from a 2000 Jeep TJ
Spidertrax 1.25” wheel spacers at all 4 corners.

Axles
High Pinion Dana 30 front axle. 4.10/1 ratio Precision Ring/Pinion Gear set. Installed with master install kit.
Chrysler 8.25” rear axle. 4.10/1 ratio Precision Ring/Pinion Gear set. Installed with master install kit.

Add-ons/Upgrades
Advanced Adapters Heavy Duty Slip yoke eliminator kit with 32 spline output shaft
Heavy duty T-case chain and newer front in/output seals
Tom Woods custom rear drive shaft

Turbo City Hi-flow air filter/tube
60mm bored Throttle body
Carsound hi-flow Cat
Gibson hi-flow muffler

Alpine CD head unit.
6.5” Infinity Kappas front doors/rear gate.
Silverstar Headlamps.
PIAA 540 Driving lights w/ factory switch.
Viper 550 ESP alarm with remote start and starter disable.

Yakima Locking Railriders, 58” bars, and Yakima fairing.

Factory tinted privacy glass rear doors and cargo area.

Brakes
Upgraded to new dual diaphragm brake booster/master cylinder/prop valve for a 1996 model XJ.
JKS Stainless Front extended brake lines and Rubicon Express rear extended stainless brake line.
Brake pads and shoes in good condition…brakes smoothly.

Armor/Recovery
Newer BPI Fab Front Winch Bumper with Winch Guard and D-rings
Newer BPI Fab Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier, 2” Receiver, D-rings, and ORO license plate light/third brake light.
Bumpers sand blasted and powder coated to match. (done by Blast-Tech and Mile High Powder Coating in Denver) Not a scratch on the bumpers. Never used to make a pull and very few miles on truck since installation.
Mopar gas tank skid plate
Appalachian Armor Transfer Case Skid
Warn Rock Rails/Sliders

Condition
Interior in clean immaculate condition…there is a small 1” tear on the top of the rear seat back from putting the seat up and down over the years. New paint job in 2004…no body damage, dings, etc. Windshield is nearly new as well.

What it needs

Turn signal canceling cam (turn signal won’t turn off automatically when turning left). $20 part 30 min. labor in your driveway.

A/C needs to be recharged with a can of R-134 refrigerant every spring (I converted to the newer R-134 system)…there is a small slow leak somewhere in the system but one can will last most of the summer.

Very slow oil leak from oil pan gasket…very common in these engines…especially those that are not daily drivers, and this one has not been my daily driver for the last 4 years.

Hairline crack in collector on exhaust manifold. Very common…just never got the chance to swap it out. Passed emissions in April 2011 with this small crack.

*WARN Winch and CB Radio components not included with sale. No exceptions, sorry.*

I am willing to negotiate on price with the removal of bumpers and/or wheel and tire set.

009.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Kiefer. It was hard to pull the trigger to put it up for sale. I will hopefully be back one day and build another. I appreciate your help in the past!

Yep. One of the cleanest rigs I've seen. I know from meeting him in person several times that he treats this rig well and doesn't skimp on anything for it.

I'd love to own it.......:D

Thanks Troy...and a special thanks to you. In regards to negotiations, please give me an offer. I am willing to keep the wheel/tire set and wheel spacers for $1000 and the BPI Bumpers for $1250. I have the stock front and rear bumpers (silver to match fender flares) and are in good condition. You would have to supply your own wheels/tires to drive away however. I am not willing to part it out any more than that at this time. Thanks

Sale is Pending.

Alright now...who needs a rear bumper with tire carrier!? I sold the rig without the front/rear bumpers, but front may be spoken for. Thanks

Sorry, I probably should have given a price ehh? Well, I am $1250 into it. Not a scratch on it...hasn't seen many miles and no trail miles...but it obviously isn't brand new as it's been mounted (but garaged). Hi-lift carrier, 2" hitch and tie-ins, antenna mount, D-rings, Grade 8 bolts throughout and ORO LED plate light. Sand blasted by Blastec and powder coated by Mile High Powder Coating. I want to start at $900, but I am negotiable and realistic. You need to convince me to drop the price though! Its a solid bumper...not many around like it. BPI is the Denver based company who produced all the Poison Spyder bumpers when they were located in Colorado. Make me an offer via PM.
-Scott

015.jpg

013.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

Last edited:
I have the early version of that same bumper on my '97. LOVE that bumper. Holds the tire very secure, very well built. :thumbup:

Gorgeous bumper I'd love to have but too rich for my blood. Sorry.
Believe me, I understand. I wasn't expecting to have to ever sell this, so I went for the bumper I liked the best and I thought was best design. It happened to be an expensive one. I know I won't get out what I put into it, but I need to make a good portion out of it, if I can. I am a reasonable person though and will be fair.

Back