• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1984-1996 Clutch/Brake pedal assembly

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

I have for sale the clutch/brake pedal assembly from a 1989 MJ. It is in good shape, just removed to convert to auto. I would like $60 shipped for this OBO.

Please reply or pm if interested.

Thanks,
Collin

What all is included, and is it an exact swap for 1985 4 banger Pioneer XJ?

What all is included, and is it an exact swap for 1985 4 banger Pioneer XJ?

Are you trying to swap from Auto to Manual? If so, you will obviously need many more parts besides the pedals. All I have for sale is the bracket that includes the brake and clutch pedals. It is held on by the four brake booster bolts and two bolts up by the column bracket.

I have a 1985 4 banger Cherokee Pioneer, manual. I have had to weld-repair the clutch peddle-bracket assy once already, and it has a ton on miles on it.

But I am not sure the assy did not change by 89, or that the 6 banger is the same as the 4 banger on the mounting brackets

Pictures?

I have a 1985 4 banger Cherokee Pioneer, manual. I have had to weld-repair the clutch peddle-bracket assy once already, and it has a ton on miles on it.

But I am not sure the assy did not change by 89, or that the 6 banger is the same as the 4 banger on the mounting brackets

Pictures?
I don't have a picture but all of them should be the same, this was also out of a 4 cylinder rig.

I think the clutch master bolt arrangement may have changed between those two years, not sure, I think I posted up some crossover dates and part numbers in your thread about the firewall cracks Ecomike. That plus checking the year ranges the clutch master(s) will fit should tell you for sure.

Worst case you bore new mounting holes and reshape the hole for the cylinder itself and put a newer style one on, which is probably an improvement if the designs are different. I've never seen a later model crack there.

pedals.png

539243_4078666123079_65898691_n.jpg

Please let me know if you need any other pictures.

Thanks,
Collin

Yes, still interested. Been sick...and rain....I need to crawl under the dash on my 85, snap some photos, and check some online part numbers for 85 XJ versus 89 MJ, and make sure the parts are the same. If they are the same I will be interested. Give me a day or two to check it out. Thanks.

Yes, still interested. Been sick...and rain....I need to crawl under the dash on my 85, snap some photos, and check some online part numbers for 85 XJ versus 89 MJ, and make sure the parts are the same. If they are the same I will be interested. Give me a day or two to check it out. Thanks.

Got me some photos just now. Can you take a ruler and give me some dimensions, bolt hole center to center, vertical and horizontal to start with on the mounting bolt holes?

I think the clutch master bolt arrangement may have changed between those two years, not sure, I think I posted up some crossover dates and part numbers in your thread about the firewall cracks Ecomike. That plus checking the year ranges the clutch master(s) will fit should tell you for sure.

Worst case you bore new mounting holes and reshape the hole for the cylinder itself and put a newer style one on, which is probably an improvement if the designs are different. I've never seen a later model crack there.

I just got a look at mine and now realize the 4 bolt mounting holes mount to and line up with the brake booster on the other side of the firewall, and as I recall the brake booster is not the same between 85 and 89.

While I am driving this rig, I think I am on borrowed time, so still looking for an 85 or equal 2.5 L clutch peddle assy.

I found this, but they have no return police, it says it is from right hand jeeps, it claims to fit 84-01, and be a 96 vintage, but I think the part changed in 91?

http://www.discountjeepparts.com/product_info.php/products_id/23721

Any more thoughts, suggestions or ???

Back