• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1 ton axle for sale/trade: 14 Bolt

proracedriver616

NAXJA Forum User
My cherokee is gone and although id love to keep this for a future project, that may be years away... so ive decided to sell my 14 bolt rear axle that i have put a ton of work into:

This axle has had an alignment bar through it to ensure it was a straight housing before i started any work to it. All of the brackets were plasma cut off, and all the little cosmetic imperfections on the tubes were welded and sanded smooth. The tubes have also been welded to the center section.

The hubs were taken apart and cleaned, bearing inspected and new seals installed, the axle shafts were cleaned and inspeced as well and are in great condition.

I did a disc brake conversion w/ brand new rotors, brand new calipers, and crawlertech mounting brackets. I installed braided stainless fragola brake lines on each caliper also.

I also have a ruffstuff install kit that consists of antiwrap spring perches, u bolts, u bolt plates, and shock mounts. I tack welded the spring perches on for xj width and the approximate pinion angle for about 4.5-5" of lift with a sye.

The gears/carrier are stock. The only thing this axle needs to be under your xj is hard brake lines ran, spring perches and shock mounts welded, a coat of paint, and gears/locker of your choice installed.

Here is the only picture i can find of it all cleaned up, but the calipers and perches werent on yet in this pic:

13919040092_0b4c0716a9_b.jpg

Here is a picture of a 14 bolt shaft out of this axle next to my old ford 9" axleshaft:

13942176785_ecae616f5e_b.jpg

This is a full float axle with stock axleshafts are 1 9/16" 30 spline, and good for up to 40" tires on rigs with way more horsepower then any xj on here has. If you want to step up to 1 tons on your jeep this is the rear axle you want, and i guarantee that you wont find a cleaner one out there. There are also a shitload of companies out there making shave kits/covers that will gain you anywhere from 3/4"-2" of additional ground clearance.

I have quite a bit of $ into all the new parts on this axle plus the axle itself, I would like to start out asking $700 OBO

The only trades i would really be interested in at this point would be for a good set of 35/12.5/15" tires, but feel free to offer up some interesting trades, you never know what may pique my interest.

seth

What's the wms and the lug pattern? Ratio?

Back