NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Red River Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Red River Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Old May 10th, 2009, 07:02
NAXJA Forum User

my build thread

ok so i bought this cherokee for $500 just before thanksgiving. bonus is it had 5" of lift bad part is it didn't run so i had to drag it home....good thing it was only a mile away

ya stock tires on 5" of lift...pretty huh?

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600.

got home from work the next day and had it running within an hour but it was running really bad and had horrible blowby. so replaced all the vacuum lines pulled the valve cover off cleaned it up good and checked out the top end and all was good. still ran like ****. tried abunch of different cleaners hoping there was a stuck ring or valve or something but nothing worked. ended up pulling the head and found a nasty hole in the number 6 piston. wish i had gotten a picture but i didn't. anyways so i dropped the head and new piston and connecting rod off at millers to do their thing. so i refreshed the motor and it runs badass now. anyways onto the interesting stuff

so this was my front suspension when i got it

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600.

kinda looks like a somebody had there head up there butt when they did it doesn't it

here it is after being redone

oh and i still have to put the control arm brackets on and the track bar mount

these should keep the mud and misc. crap from getting inside the tubes of my d 30

other goodies involved with this axle.... motive gear 4.88 gears and a detroit locker...sorry forgot to get pictures

here's the ford 8.8 that's going in the rear. it also has 4.88's courtesy of motive gear with a stock limited slip
Old May 10th, 2009, 07:04
NAXJA Forum User

Re: my build thread

river rat should recognize these....thanks for the g deal man

stats...35/12.50/17 pro comp xterrians on black steelies

freebie courtesy of wheelerdude...thanks man

still need to pick up some rims since these are spares

so right now i'm working on stiffening up the unibody using ruff stuff specialties unirail stiffeners

hmm beefy

here's the driver side installed. don't know how i'm gonna do the passenger side since it's right up against the wall. need to move the heep over about 2 feet but i guess i need to get the front end under it first

here's the crappy bumper i built. i hate it and it's gonna get redone

i'm building my own long arm setup courtesy of ballistic fabs heim joints, poly bushings and 2"X .25 wall dom lowers with 1.5"X .25 wall dom uppers. waiting on the brackets i just ordered to get here so i can finish up my front end

Old May 10th, 2009, 07:05
NAXJA Forum User

still debating how i'm gonna do my steering since i don't have a clue on it. also need to figure out what i'm gonna do about skids so i might hit up some of you local s.a. boys to give me some design pointers

oh nother freebie courtesy of my boss and alamo body and paint. i broke my old service truck so my boss bought me a new truck and since the new truck is white and the old truck was black i had to respray it to match. so i get the left over paint...over half a gallon of it. the cans sitting on the truckbed i had to repaint

still need a few bits and pieces....like driveshafts, rear springs, and new exhaust and some other odds and ends

future plans? thinking about a dana 300 and customizing a d60 front when my 30 blows up except i hate the full width look so i'll prolly shorten it and have some shafts custom cut but that's a long way down the road hopefully

i'll try and update this periodically
Old May 10th, 2009, 07:09
NAXJA Forum User

ya i just cut and pasted it from another forum so you guys prolly won't recognize any of the names mentioned but this is where i'm at
Old May 10th, 2009, 08:28
NAXJA Forum User

Cool build man.