• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good deal on Water Cans

OverlandZJ

NAXJA Member # 101
I saw a thread on www.ih8mud.com on these 5 gallon cans that are supposed to be just like the Sceptor water cans, and pics of the cans seem to confirm this. For comparison sake the Sceptors sold for $25 plus shipping through Quadratec when i bought one... when they were still available.

I just bought four of these. They are available in OD and Beige. It was mentioned that orders over $50 shipped free... but i DID NOT confirm this.

Before someone asks, no i will not be using these for fuel... and i dont recommend that you do.

These are being sold at under $16 per!!! I'll post up my impression once i receive and compare to my Sceptor can. But at that price i was willing to gamble.

www.buylci.com

https://www.redcheetah.com/lci/item...ist_uuid=81a0eb06-5051-102c-95cf-001871e34fe0

Last edited:
Link does not work...

I just spent the last 45 minutes checking out there stuff. Some good deals! Thanks. Let us know about the water cans please...

Another great deal on there would be locking carabiners for $15. I'd be all over that if I was still top roping.

I just received half my order, what a buy!! These cans are identical in construction to the Scepters. Only difference is some marking on the outside.

I couldnt be happier with a quality can at half of what i paid for the Scepters. I'll post some pics up later.

Excellent!

Rich, these cans have a slightly flatter seal surface on the mouth. I'll fill one with water later and let it set on it's side for a leak test.

My Scepter can on right, LCI can on left.

HPIM1512.jpg

HPIM1513.jpg

And again the LCI.

HPIM1514.jpg

I've not ordered yet. I'll wait on your review

Filled the two cans i received today, ones a leaker at the release valve. I'll call tomorrow asking for a new cap and see what their customer service is like.

The other doesnt leak a drop. To be fair i'v heard of the same leakage from Sceptor cans.

Filled the two cans i received today, ones a leaker at the release valve. I'll call tomorrow asking for a new cap and see what their customer service is like.

The other doesnt leak a drop. To be fair i'v heard of the same leakage from Sceptor cans.

hopfully their CS will be good. Thanks for being the crash test dummy:jester:

They are sending me out a new cap free of charge.

After speaking with the woman a bit she asked me what i'll be using these for. Told her for vehicular travel/camping in remote areas, where i wont have a water source. She mentioned they cant manufacture these fast enough and the desert tan cans are on backorder.

I'll bet the price goes up on these once they realize their competition is not shipping to US vendors. Get your order in...

Just ordered five ;)

I want to order two but there's a minimum order of $50. I don't really need 4 of these water cans. Crap...

Bruce, i didnt see anything about a minum order? It's free shipping on any order over $50.

When I tried to checkout, it said something like "this order does not meet the LCI minimum order requirement of $50". Anybody else get this?

Just tried it again...this is what I got..."Please note that the amount of your order is less than the minimum amount specified by LC Industries. The minimum order amount is $50.00. Please continue to add to your order until the order total exceeds the noted minimum order amount."

Anybody want to go in on an order?

That sux.. Well, you could order the 4 cans and ebay the few you dont need. Theres a few on ebay now.

I just received my replacement cap through CS. Havent had a chance to test for leakage yet. I suspect i'll be good.

You could always order one can from BQ for $33.00 and then pay $15 for shipping...
Just get four and fire sale three for $10-$15 and you'll be in like Flint. Better idea would be to keep them. Better to have and not need than to need and not have... IMHO, FWIW, YMMV and such...

BQ Link: http://www.brigadeqm.com/cgi-bin/tame.exe/store/level4c.tam?M5COPY%2Ectx=20719&M5%2Ectx=20719&M2%5FDESC%2Ectx=Water%2FFuel%20Storage&level3%2Ectx=level3c%2Etam&BC3%2Ectx=B%20Ready&BC4%2Ectx=Water%2FFuel%20Storage&backto=%2Fstore%2Flevel3c%2Etam

Hey Rich... Take another look at that link, specifically the picture. And compare to the pics i posted!

Wondering if Scepter changed their mold to include the "Property of" stamp.

Back