• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Okay lets take a vote...

XJsurf

NAXJA Forum User
so the kids are grown up and the need for a mini van is over. My wife wants a truck, but we're having a hard time trying to decide. Nothing new, but a good used one. So from my XJ family let me hear your opinion and reason. So we're tossed between the Nissan Titan, Toyota Tundra or Ford F-150.

what year f150 are you looking at?

well it really doesnt matter to me. f150 is my choice. titan would be my next choice. i wouldn't even consider a tundra in the area of a truck, but that is just me.

I have an 02 F150 that has 119,000 miles on it and am very happy. Also my mom has an 07 F150 that is a way better improvement over mine. Although I do like the Titans alot but have heard they don't last long.

i would pick a titan.. my aunt and uncle bought a new f150 a year or so ago and had nothing but problems with it, and ford would just put them off about fixing it.. and the same thing happened with their new expedition, nothing but problems and ford wouldnt take it back, or trade it in, and basically told them sucks for you lol.

I would go for a used Tundra. The 99-06 body style is getting really inexpensive these days. I have an 03 TRD and it rides like a car but still gets it off road. Nice interiors too.

Titan, best towing, power and amenities for the price. Yotas are too expensive due to being so new.

New body and motor style Toyota will shame both the others in all aspects including price, but you asked which, so Toyota.

Then a F-150 newer style with the 3V 5.4.

Then If you have to, then a titan. Nissan Titan and armada are all cheap plastic interior and the rear end is a weak D44.

As for Jap. I know theres alot more money that went in to the US economy when I bought my 08 Sequoia then if I would have bought a ford F-150.

The Titan was rated the least likely to make it to 200,000 miles in an article I read from Yahoo. That having been said, that back seat is gigantic. The ride sucked compared to my Tundra and it had far less ground clearance, even with the off road package.

I appreciate the death sentence rick. I test drove a 06 fully loaded Lariat on Saturday. It was stupid how far trucks have come over the years. Overall I was serioulsy impressed. The leg room was nice in the back. Only downside was a little out of my price range.

My opinion is....don't be fawking gay.
Grow a couple and make a decision.

:looser:

:D

If you buy a Jap rig...I WILL find you!
;)

Unfortunately the way I look at is since the NAFTA in 94, most car companies shifted the manufacturing plants overseas, leaving really only assembly lines left. So the only american item left in buying a supposedly american car is the logo.

What can I say, I'm a Ford guy.
I have owned eight or nine F series and have never sold one that has had less than 200k on it.
As far as buy American Vs. buy Japanese built in America?
I own stock in American companies, no overseas co's.....

We have a 01 f-150 and have had very good results with it. 142000 miles and we have only changed 2 coil packs a fuel pump and a alternator other than normal stuff like tires. We regularly tow with it and with some easy mods it gets better fuel econemy than it's supposed to. I only wish it was four wheel drive.

For a gas-powered truck, a GM full size is the way to go. Decent mileage, good power, very reliable, and low priced to modify. Toyota does not make stuff like they used to, so unless you get something older with a 22r forget about that. As for 4wd, do not waste your time with anything newer except maybe a ram that is old enough to still have a SFA. IMO< a ram with a CTD is the way to go. Good mileage, great power, can tow just about anything.

i had a 2007 tundra with the 5.7, you cant beat that truck especially with the crewcab. they are coming way down in price and they haul azzzz. loved it. also had a 2005 ford f150 with the big v8 and 4x4, it was also a good truck. and my buddy has a 2008 titan, badazz truck. so what im trying to say is, good luck with your decission:laugh:

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.
That being said, the 'company' I work for purchases hundreds of trucks per year for fleet use all over the Southwest. Ford comes out on top. They monitor every dollar spent on these trucks(in my office) and they've got records back through the 1970's.

What qualities are important to you in a truck? Ford has really stepped up it's game but the new Tundra and Titan are great trucks as well. For looks I would go Titan, the Toy is too bulbous looking now, it looks bloated, the Ford is just a warm over of previous designs looks wise. I say get the one you can afford!

Back