• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tour of California stage 8 party

Jump This

Just another minion!
Being an old bike racer myself, I thought it would be nice to see the tour in person this year. And with it's last stage climbing Palomar Mt. I figure that this would be the best place to watch it.
My plan is to get on the mountain early (reallllll early) Sunday morning. Drink a few Bloody Mary's, cook up some BBQ for lunch and watch the mountain stage.
I probably will be coming up the East Grade Rd. and parking off the top and riding the scooter to the top.
Anyone else plan on seeing any of the stages or want to meet up for this mountain stage?

http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/docroot/media/2009/2009-stage8-map.pdf

sounds pretty kick back but is there anything to watch at a bike race??? Im not cracker I dont wear spandex (trust me no one needs to see that) so I dont know squat about bike races

I can't say I have ever *watched* a road race before. I've seen them on TV and rode in many races but never sat on the road and....

I'm looking at it this way, it is just another reason to get together with those of similar intrests to my own. Kick back, BS, eat, drink and yell as the riders go by. It may only take fifteen minutes to see the entire race go by. But I plan on being appropriately warmed up (cheers) and see some of my racing heroes.

Back