• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I searched...where to mount my cb antenna?

JESSE A

NAXJA Forum User
i searched a lot and found some good stuff but im not sure where i want to mount my antenna. Where do the so calers mount them, im thinking right behind the hood in front of the windsheild away from the trees.

But i just want to make sure ill get enough reception with a 2 foot fiberglass antenna mounted in that area, especially if im going to be drilling a hole in my cab, in that location.

thanks jesse

i searched a lot and found some good stuff but im not sure where i want to mount my antenna. Where do the so calers mount them, im thinking right behind the hood in front of the windsheild away from the trees.

But i just want to make sure ill get enough reception with a 2 foot fiberglass antenna mounted in that area, especially if im going to be drilling a hole in my cab, in that location.

thanks jesse

I think next time I am going to use one of those "Z" brackets you use at the area between the hood and fender.......SANTA

ya that might be better than mounting it into the hood, i wont have to drill and i got one of those springs too so its flexable

Jesse.. The best place for functionality the center of the roof area is best as it gives the signal the best ground plane.
If you mount on the rear corners the antenna may get torn off by a rock or tree.
if you mount on the front somewhere it's safe for the most part but you may lose a little signal.
BTW It great to meet and wheel with you in Calico.
Gary

thanks gary it was good meeting you too. i think its going to go in the cowl or in between the hood and fender i just would like some pics and ideas.

ok, so here's some pics of mine:

Close up from outside
CBAntennaMount001.jpg

Close up of mount from inside
CBAntennaMount003.jpg

Close up shot from rear of mount
CBAntennaMount002.jpg

Side shot of vehicle to guage clearance
CBAntennaMount004.jpg

i use a Wilson 1000 mag mount placed dead center of the top of my rig, if you get in to trees and it snags it just lays over and you put it back up

i use a Wilson 1000 mag mount placed dead center of the top of my rig, if you get in to trees and it snags it just lays over and you put it back up

Dead center of the roof is the best location. Give up the fiberglass and get a stainless stell antennae like a Wilson 1000 or 5000. The SS is flexible enough not to have to worry about trees breaking it.

Back