• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aaaargh!

Oatmeal

NAXJA Forum User
This weather is really getting on my nerves! I played hooky from work (cough, cough!) for the last three days to try and get the motor in my Toyota swapped out (lost the rings in the #3 cylinder and the resulting blowby caused the motor to do it's best impression of the Exxon Valdez). So, now the replacement motor is hanging from the engine hoist above the frame horns covered with a tarp waiting for the rain to stop. You should have seen the mad scramble to gather up all my tools when the sky opened up.......I was shocked by the language coming out of my mouth. Anyway, just wanted to vent.-----------Hans

Dude it doesn't rain in CA..What are you drinking? LOL.. I heard it was going to rain out there...We don't get that much out here in the low desert..

I'm for once happy it rained. Canceled my work party on the island this weekend. Now I get to go hit up Last Chance Canyon with some friends tomorrow.

Last chance canyon sounds sweet! but im spending time with the lady this weekend.

I'm for once happy it rained. Canceled my work party on the island this weekend. Now I get to go hit up Last Chance Canyon with some friends tomorrow.
See, now that sounds like fun......I normaly love the rain! I pulled the motor in between storms and had two good days to bolt the new head onto the short block and swap over the intake and other external accessories (everything was caked in oil and grease and all the cleaning of parts caused it to take three times as long!) and I was hoping the weather would hold up long enough to finish it so, I could do something fun like wheeling! Have fun.......anyway.-----------Hans

dude i now live in mn and i miss southern cali so so much, its bean snow here for 2 months, stop bitching i would gladly take your place any day........... hahahaha

Hans. I have an EZ up you can borrow if you want... That will help the motor swap in the rain go a little bit nicer.. let me know..
Thanks for the offer Scott but, my body is like a walking barometer everything aches (shoulder, back, knee.....it's hell getting old) whenever it (or is about to) rains.......I'll just wait it out. Just felt like whining!------------Hans

I'd come over and help you (and bring my EZ up) but I have my son this weekend. I don't ache (yet) so I could do all the ground work. If you haven't completed it by next weekend let me know and I'll lend a hand.

I'd come over and help you (and bring my EZ up) but I have my son this weekend. I don't ache (yet) so I could do all the ground work. If you haven't completed it by next weekend let me know and I'll lend a hand.
im 29 and everything already hurts. Always adjusting my neck and back... it sucks!

Thanks for the offer Scott but, my body is like a walking barometer everything aches (shoulder, back, knee.....it's hell getting old) whenever it (or is about to) rains.......I'll just wait it out. Just felt like whining!------------Hans

Its interesting to me that you mentioned you have your son or else you woul help out hans. I take it you are in the same boat as me and have your son every other weekend? I wish i had my son more often than that. His mother doesnt think i should see him more than that. Isnt that wonderful?

BTW, hans i played hooky from work today too. So dont feel bad.

Thanks, Andy. I'm only about two to three hours away from finishing it (weather permitting). Yeah, the combination of injuries from my younger days......motorcycle crashes (pavement hurts), body surfing (you should've seen my shoulder seperation) and age have taken their toll on me!----------Hans

Well you should have a window till Sunday evening.

Get r dun

Well you should have a window till Sunday evening.

Get r dun
It's all done and running great! Working the hoist and crawling underneath to guide the motor in place wears a guy out........it's tough to be in two places at once!. I'm ready to go wheeling again!........or at least ready to drive it to work again :dunno: Thanks for all the moral support, guys!---------Hans

Back