• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Difficulties/Requirements...?

5spd_xj

<<the good ol days
NAXJA Member
Just wondering, because I've never been to the park before. I looked quick on the site and didn't see anything staring me in the face, so I figured this would be as good a place as any other to ask... For RC, generally speaking what are the requirements to run each level of trail, as far as tire size, open/open open/locked locked/locked, winch, etc etc...?

I am going to be as general as I can in answering this, only because I have wheeled with MANY folks that I consider the "exception to the rule"

This is what I consider (conservatively) the minimum for each trail level.

Greens:
stock Jeep

Blues:
3" and 31" tires, one locker recommended

Blacks:
4" and 33" tires, two lockers/gears recommended, possible damage to Jeep(dents, broken parts), winch recommended

Reds:
6" and 35" tires, two lockers/gears/spares, possible damage to Jeep (dents, broken parts), winch highly recommended

cool, more or less exactly what I was looking for :) Thanks. I'm thinking I'll do mostly blacks, and if my Jeep gets there on a trailer, absolutely the reds as well
:firedevil:firedevil

any of you other PA folks agree/disagree with Andy's guidelines?

Thanks again

for raush's ratings thats about it. A lot of it also matters on the driving skills. Ill be there in may some time running the reds :)

also an atv park getting into ohv's

http://www.rockrunrecreation.com/

some of the harder trails

p655874705-3.jpg

p597145835-3.jpg

p719547042-3.jpg

p546324639-3.jpg

Damn, I really need to get my jeep done!! Nice pics

I think what Andy wrote is pretty accurate, though I have probably run every blue trail in the park 31s and open/open at one time, so I wouldn't be worried if you dont have a locker. As long as you have some lift & decent tires you can get through most of it & there are alot of bypasses. So locker reccomended but not required.

gotcha. i'm locked/locked and 35+ tires so i was wondering more about the black and reds...thanks for your input though :) I'm sure there are others who will find it helpful

As long as you have some lift, decent tires and some off road driving/rock crawling skills, you can get through most of it & there are alot of bypasses.

Like I said, I have wheeled with many folks I consider an "Exception to the Rules".....

(yep, just felt the air pressure change, Chris's head must be swelling....)

Like I said, I have wheeled with many folks I consider an "Exception to the Rules".....

well knowing you should be wheeling in 4low is a good start then point the wheel where you want to go right?

haha well lack of skills and knowledge can be made up by a viable spotter in some situations, but if LISTENING falls into the category of "the exception to the rules people" your just screwed, because "you just cant fix stupid".

His, or mine (considering I've done nearly every blue at 2", 30s, and open/open).

Driver ability and a good spotter are key - in many instances, to quote the song, "it's not what you got, it's how you use it."

when i drive my jeep down the street womens clothes blow right off

Who knew I started a thread that would have so many such references? lol

I'll be there for the comp on saturday but likely to be wheeling with my club the next day.

those creeps have completed about 75% of the reds there. I wan't you to finish the 25% of the harder reds on em' for me!

Lol, actually I need to update my signature! sold them to a guy in my club because my jeep's under the knife currently, and he needed something to get him by for awhile. I loved those tires though, kind of considering dropping the money for a new set when taxes come in...we'll see

Blacks:
4" and 33" tires, two lockers/gears recommended, possible damage to Jeep(dents, broken parts), winch recommended

Reds:
6" and 35" tires, two lockers/gears/spares, possible damage to Jeep (dents, broken parts), winch highly recommended

Alright, I have at least a 6 inch lift (7.5" coils, and 6.5 leafs), and but I have 33's. I have 44's F&R both trussed, with Chromo shafts F&R, OX F&R, just ordered a winch, but the only spares I have are spare stub shafts for the front, spare u-joints, spare drive slugs and thats about it. I can't carry spare rear shafts unless I buy new chromos because of my 5x5.5 bolt pattern, and stocks wont work.

Would I still be able to run reds?

Alright, I have at least a 6 inch lift (7.5" coils, and 6.5 leafs), and but I have 33's. I have 44's F&R both trussed, with Chromo shafts F&R, OX F&R, just ordered a winch, but the only spares I have are spare stub shafts for the front, spare u-joints, spare drive slugs and thats about it. I can't carry spare rear shafts unless I buy new chromos because of my 5x5.5 bolt pattern, and stocks wont work.

lol... yes... as long as your OK with a little "bump and grind"....

you might have to bolt the other rockslider on

Back