• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubbing on front sway bar

pantherchams

NAXJA Forum User
I can't seem to find much info on this topic.

My jeep has a 2.5" RE BB plus GC front coils, and I have 32x11.5x15 BFG M/T KM2's. I have recently finished lots of trimming, and my only remaining problem is rubbing bad on my front sway bar. It is worse when I turn left, but I get it turning both ways. It is rubbing when I am very close to full lock. I am running stock front sway.

Are there swaybar discos that improve clearance? Is there a solution other than going with no front sway? This is not my only vehicle, but I tend to drive it long distances frequently. It's mostly annoying while parking.

Any help/advice appreciated.

Thanks!

Ben

What wheels are you using? You'll rub if you don't have proper back spacing on your wheels with that wide of tire.

I have 31x10.5 tires on 15x8 rims with 3.75 backspacing, no rub even at a good tuck, for the record.

~Scott

Wheel spacers or diff. rims.
Or just disconnect your sway bar its no so bad driving when you have stiff springs like v8 zjs. I am running like that with my 89.

I've seen it happen on the LCA maybe?

They for sure are rubbing sway bars, but i cant find evidence of them rubbing anywhere else. I guess just getting rid of the sway may be the way to go.

Back