• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need help Sunday 1/25, anyone?

MJR

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for someone(s) to help me move three 4.0L engines/misc from work to my house. Anyone got a small utility trailer and tow rig? Loading stuff at work isn't a problem just unloading it at home. One motor is complete on a engine stand, another torn down to the block on a stand, and the third torn down loose. Th is for this Sunday January 25th.

I will offer up my bronco to tow (tow package and reciever hitch). I also have an engine hoist we can bring along (one of the cheap fold-up Harbor Freight ones). Just need a trailer.

Another option is my neighbor has a tacoma pick up. I could probably borrow it (or get him to help).

Shoot everyone beat me to it.

MIke, what's wrong with using your pickup truck? Surely a Nissan will hold three engines. :laugh3: You'd need a cherry picker to unload them at home. I could go borrow Curt's.

or you could use the Jedi mind trick and get them out the truck that way.

I would help out but im gonna be out of town. dammit!

MIke, what's wrong with using your pickup truck? Surely a Nissan will hold three engines. :laugh3: You'd need a cherry picker to unload them at home. I could go borrow Curt's.

It's a street truck not a work truck, lol. Frankly it's just a PITA to do it in my truck. It shouldn't take any time at all with a trailer, probably one load would do it. I was going to have to move the toolbox home but I will probably hold off until I see what happens at work.

Just kinda trying to get a feel for who might be the closest (don't want it to be a PITA for anyone) with a trailer and if need be a cherry picker but honestly I think 2 or 3 people could easily lift the motor off the trailer if it has a low deck or drop down tailgate. At work I can use the forklift if need be. Not sure where I am going to put all this crap at home but I am tired of my boss bugging me about it all. Thanks to those that have posted up so far. I am going to think about it for a day or so.

my MJ is stock height shouldnt be too bad getting motors in and out of it, and Johnny was kind enough to give me a plastic bedliner so i dont mind loading her up. i can help out if bases arent covered yet.

Hmm. Kevin's got a double axle trailer and is < 1 hour away. I passed this on to him.

I have a trailer that's about 4' x 8' that I use to tow motorcycles with. It's got a 3/4 inch plywood deck.... should work perfectly...

I can help you out on Sunday.....

Those are rated at around 1000lbs if it's what I'm thinking of. 3 XJ motors may kill it. :) I'm under the impression that the 4.0 is north of 600lbs.

Hey Mike,

I can help out. I can get a box truck with a ramp from work. Or, I can get a pick-up with a trailer that can easily haul a couple of thousand pounds.

Heck, I can also get a stake bed truck with a small crane (jib crane). It should lift the motors with ease.

What time on Sunday? I will get the keys to either one on Friday and then get it on Sunday morning.

LMK!

Last edited:
Those are rated at around 1000lbs if it's what I'm thinking of. 3 XJ motors may kill it. :) I'm under the impression that the 4.0 is north of 600lbs.

No, this is a real motorcycle trailer, not one of those harbor freight pieces of crap....

3" C channel, full leafs, 15" wheels..... It was a homebrew but was VERY well made..... I'd say it will haul 2000 lbs. min.....

I can post pics.....

Back