• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone here live in the 805 area..

Technically, SLO is south of Bakersfield, so it IS part of the SoCal Chapter. Big Sal (aka SPORTY XJ) is out that way in Los Alamos.

crazyjim said:
Hey, at least I can wheel out there :D

And SLO doesn't suck due to normal things that make it suck. It's just a BORING ass town, NOBODY knows how to drive up there, and it's FULL of latte sipping fairy's
oh come on Jim, aside from to boring part people say that about ALL of cali

lol
:D

We should have a North 805 run.
Some weekend when it's not triple digits I like going over High Mountain, run the Garces Wilderness trail at the top, then down to Pozo/Turkey Flats and the Las Chichis trail followed by Pine Mountain with the Stair steps from the La Panza side. More moderate stuff could be done for stockers. Or does anybody have any other favorites in the SLO area. There's the Big Rocks trails through Rock Front Ranch off the 166 that's in SLO county, though it's just out of Santa Maria, for challenging stockers.

I have my own "offroad park" in the 805....its private though.

n747140329_1229901_1265.jpg

RobertF said:
We should have a North 805 run.
Some weekend when it's not triple digits I like going over High Mountain, run the Garces Wilderness trail at the top, then down to Pozo/Turkey Flats and the Las Chichis trail followed by Pine Mountain with the Stair steps from the La Panza side. More moderate stuff could be done for stockers. Or does anybody have any other favorites in the SLO area. There's the Big Rocks trails through Rock Front Ranch off the 166 that's in SLO county, though it's just out of Santa Maria, for challenging stockers.

that would be pretty cool. i havent been out to Pozo yet but i've heard the stair steps are pretty nuts

Hey Twisted! RobertF, myself (Jason), and JuryrigJalopy (Ken) all live in Santa Barbara...with SportyXJ between you in SLO and us here maybe we could do a run sometime soon? RobertF knows his trails, and my rig, so I'm down for wherever he wants to wheel.

I just moved to Oceano. I posted up in the Sierra chapter and only got one response. Seems like its kind of the area neither chapter wants :(

Back