NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old April 6th, 2008, 12:48
NAXJA Forum User

96 xj clutch trouble

i have a 96 xj and have just raplaced the slave cylinder and hose, and i am now having troubles. i can shift gears fine, put it in gear take it out fine, but if i sit with the clutch in and with it in gear, for a little while just a couple seconds sometimes my jeep will start creeping forward, the 96 has no bleeder valve and i dont know that much about the workings of a clutch i tried taking the cap off and pumping to look for bubbles but nothing, i am at a loss, it has new friction plate any help is appreciated
thanks kc
Old April 6th, 2008, 13:17
NAXJA Forum User

Re: 96 xj clutch trouble

is there any way to bleed this system
Old April 6th, 2008, 14:36
NAXJA Forum User

No there isnt a way to bleed the system on my 94' I have to replace the whole master, hose, slave as a complete unit that comes prefilled and bleed. I need to do this too because i am leaking master fluid on the inside of the jeep not too fun.
Old April 6th, 2008, 14:40
NAXJA Forum User

Sorry to be off subject here,but does anyone know if the older renix jeeps have a bleed valve for the master cylinder? Mine won't build pressure a squirts all over the floor. (bought it like this) the plunger is bad in it,so I can just replace it with a rebuild right? And yea....getting fluid all over your pants sucks.
Old April 6th, 2008, 16:45
NAXJA Forum User

does n e one have any idea what my problem might be, how does a bad pressure plate act?
Old April 6th, 2008, 17:08
NAXJA Forum User

Talking Re: 96 xj clutch trouble

A rebuild kit for the master should fix your problems sounds like a pressure drop from a bad seal, same goes for the guy who got the fluid on himself :P should fix you right up and its a REALY easy fix. Hope that helps.

Semper Fi
General Lochlee