• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DANA 30 abuse!!!

jeepjump.jpg

ha ha. i agree, keep it up, good excuse for some new full widths :thumbup:

HAHA, ya I'm thinking D60 full widths next. Dam that was fun, think I'm gonna pick up a cheap ranger to make into a "jump truck".

Pulled the diff cover, the lock rite and 4.88's are still there and functioning properly. I'm getting an ugly noise on the road that sounds like it's coming from the unit bearings so there coming out next.

After some replacement shocks and a Ujoint installation the old girl played offroad for another day and then was loaded down with camping stuff and drove the 120 miles home.

I will NEVER say anything bad about a dana 30, did I mention those are tires are 37's on stock shafts?? Oh ya and those wodden poles in the end were 5+ foot tall!!! hehehehe

Last edited:
Nice!!!!

Damn I bent my D30 with no jumping at all out on the dunes. I don't know if it was a fluke thing or if the D30 is a real POS that will bend easily. I see you didn't bend yours so maybe mine was a fluke? Nice air though.

Here is the shot at the bent D30. I was able to limp it home as it spewed gear oil out of the passenger side axle tube (the one that bent)

0319071649a.jpg

HAHA ya props the the 30 and the spidertrax spacers!!

All happened so fast, the pucker factor was pretty low. I didn't think I'd get as much air as I did though!!

Back