• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new shoes

skaterking09

NAXJA Forum User
ok after i do my lift i wanna go to a 33

wats a good tire for are great PNW trails

every i have talked to says super swampers but its my DD so i was leaning torwards gettin an other set of BFG MT or some MTR's which would be better for the trails in PNW

How do the TRXUS MT's compare to the SSR's?

Just curious as far as tread life, traction, highway characteristics, etc.

You will be hard pressed to find someone who has ran Trxus M/t and not loved them off road. And they are a good onroad tire as well. And they last a long time(with proper alignment, pressure and rotation). I have almost 40k on them and have 40% tread left(9/32").

fubar XJ said:
How do the TRXUS MT's compare to the SSR's?

Just curious as far as tread life, traction, highway characteristics, etc.

Matt A. should beable to give you a direct comparision. He just switched from SSR's to Trxus.

cleatus92 said:
Trxus M/T
Another vote for Trxus M/T. I've been running them since October and they were my saving grace while I was open/open. You won't regret them!

- Jay

skaterking09 said:
every i have talked to says super swampers but its my DD so i was leaning torwards gettin an other set of BFG MT or some MTR's which would be better for the trails in PNW

You can never go wrong with either of those. Folks seem to love the Trxus, but I've never run them personally. :)

from what i've seen, if your not running the bias ply tires with huge lugs and voids, MOST of the MT tires perform the same. any mt tire with good wear and minimal road noise would work.

another option is to get a cheap set of all terrains and get some swampers for the weekend.( i wish i had gone this route )

hey thanks guys looks like im gunna be gettin a set of some trxus MT wat tire shop can get them in with out the high cost of shipping and blah blah blah or wat off road shop is good in the portland area to by from???

The ONLY problem I see here is that the 33x12.5x15" Trxus MT is still on national backorder with what looks to be a 4-6 week wait right now :(

Interco COMPLETELY underestimated the popularity of this tire and is paying the price now. I've got two customers in line waiting for a set.

John

I rank those 3 in this order:
1. Truxus
2. BFG MT
3. Goodyear MTR

And I think there is a pretty decent gap between each of them.
For a all around DD tire you won't go wrong with the Truxus.

Michael

I ran 31" trxus and loved 'em. There is a way to avoid Interco's high shipping. Les Schwab can order a set to be drop-shipped and you'll pay up the ass, but Once a month their distribuion center in Prineville makes a bulk order and shipping is greatly reduced. If you want to get in on the next order, you should do so before the 20th.

P.S. I recently put on 33x14.00-15 Boggers and I'm LOVING them. Don't be afraid to run gnarly bias ply tires on a DD :gee:

-Jeff

XJNana said:
I ran 31" trxus and loved 'em. There is a way to avoid Interco's high shipping. Les Schwab can order a set to be drop-shipped and you'll pay up the ass, but Once a month their distribuion center in Prineville makes a bulk order and shipping is greatly reduced. If you want to get in on the next order, you should do so before the 20th.

P.S. I recently put on 33x14.00-15 Boggers and I'm LOVING them. Don't be afraid to run gnarly bias ply tires on a DD :gee:

-Jeff

Ugh! Boggers are horrible on the street, IMO. If you're willing to live with a howl so loud you can't crank the stereo loud enough to drown it out and a street ride that reacts like you're on a rutted gravel road, more power to you. They do kick all kinds of ass in straight-line climbs and mud bogs off road though.

fubar XJ said:
Ugh! Boggers are horrible on the street, IMO. If you're willing to live with a howl so loud you can't crank the stereo loud enough to drown it out and a street ride that reacts like you're on a rutted gravel road, more power to you. They do kick all kinds of ass in straight-line climbs and mud bogs off road though.

if your stereo isn't loud enough to drown out some boggers on the freeway, then you need a bigger stereo. just an idea.

Back