• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$300 XJ

ibjeepin821

NAXJA Forum User
A buddy at school had this fine slightly wrecked automobile sitting in his driveway for a couple months so I made an offer when I came back from boot camp and after a long title complication I came out with this jeep along with the front clip from a 98 he had also wrecked for $300. Here is how she sits now! any feedback is appriciated.

-Andy

Just got her in to the barn and found 3 our four control arms were snapped in half. everything else looked good.
Jeep222.jpg

Jeep241.jpg

Starting to look like something...
Jeep236.jpg

Jeep287.jpg

Jeep283.jpg

And here is how she sits now....
95xj003.jpg

95xj004.jpg

95xj006.jpg

95xj005.jpg

95xj007.jpg

As of now here are all the mods I have done so far: the lift is around 3.5 to 4 inch....bastard leafs with 3inch RE coils with spacer,tires are BFG AT 31x10.5,flowmaster 40 with rustys pipe,red top optima,hitch both front and rear with d-rings,cb setup,heavy duty radiator,k&N air filter,hellas on the front crappy dont care if I rip off lights in the back,sound system...i think thats it for now.

Thanks guys for the compliments! I am heading to Camp Geiger soon. I did not do the SYE and the vibes arent noticable until around 80 mph so I think I will leave it for now. As for the stickers well I just like em. good thing about those is I can just scrape em off if I decide too. I was wondering about trimming some but it doesnt rub at all so should I leave it or do it anyway?

pingen said:
How are the bastard packs on the road? I was thinking about doing the same setup you have... exactly the same.

I really like the setup for how cheap it was (leafs $20 junk yard, coils $80 used.) The ride is a tad rougher on the road but for how it performs trails it is much worth it. If your on a budget (like me) this is def the way to go.

Kyle Petterson said:
Jeep looks good. Tell your buddy to either learn how to drive or start wrecking these out by my house.

yeah....this guy wrecked the jeep I own...hit some old lady I think. He was planning on fixing it but then found a 98 for a good deal. That same year he hit some ice and became one with a tree. I wish I had pics of it but it was bad. He was thinking about getting another xj but I begged him not to because I was tired of seeing perfectly good xj's being destroyed.

Back