• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: Dana 35 rear end

kemolewis

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for a Dana 35 with 3:55 maybe 4:10 gears for my 95 xj. I pulled the diff cover off today and it wasn't pretty, no chunks (yet) but the bearings are shot the posi won't grab and the spider gears are worn real bad.

Sounds like time for an upgrade! Probably go to a better set up with out excessive expense but if you are set on a D-35 you should get in touch with DaveO at Desert Fab. I'm pretty sure he can get you set up!! :patriot:

I've got a complete 27 spline 8.25 with 3.55 gears sitting beside the garage. It's a stronger housing than the D35 and can be upgraded to 29 spline axles farily easily. All it would take to bolt in place of a D35 would be the right size u-bolts.

please please please dont put in another 35. They are nothing but trouble. Atleast go 8.25 but if you wheel at all, think about a ford 8.8. Easy swapa dn works great.

:rattle:

kemolewis said:
I'm looking for a Dana 35 with 3:55 maybe 4:10 gears for my 95 xj. I pulled the diff cover off today and it wasn't pretty, no chunks (yet) but the bearings are shot the posi won't grab and the spider gears are worn real bad.
Ive got one you can have!PM me

I've got a 29 spline, 8.25 with 355 gears thats had the lower lip shaved off and good brakes for sale...........

$200

Thanks to everybody, but I would really like to thank RCP Phx "Ron" who hooked me up with a 35, gratis. I think once I get the lift and really start working it hard I will talk to Dave at desert fab and go the the 44 but I was in a pinch so free works great. again thanks to everybody.

Back