• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i hate being broke

manuelxj

NAXJA Forum User
well due to blowing my back out 6 months ago im now broke and had to sell a few things the first thing i sold was my bushwaker flairs gona miss them lol
manuel035.jpg

and here she after i removed them i painted under where the flairs used to be
manuel159.jpg

manuel161.jpg

manuel162.jpg

im gona put some stock flairs back on it to keep the cops off me for now
some day illhave money again and will be able to reaplace them
i sold the flairs .a set of tires that where gona go on it and a set of rock rails that i got for it a few months befor i got hurt ....

well since ive been laid up all winter the jeep hasnt moved much at all so the snow built up around it and i just didnt put it in the same spot it was so its half on dirt and the other half is siting on the snow lol
but to be honest i kinda like the looks with out the flairs but the flairs made it look cool from a mall crawler point of view lol...yea being broke sucks i guess it really is a jeep thing lolyea last month the docs informed me the spot i hurt in my back is in an area they can not operat on so basicly im stuck with the pain the reast of my life and am looking at disablity ..im goan fight for retraining in a new line of work that doesnt involve heavy lifting ..when i got hurt i was building houses

hey thats life man things will work out in the end they always do one thing for sure i would sell my arm befor i let the jeep its self go lol ill sell some bilng parts liek the flairs and stuff but the jeep will always be with me ....im working on insted of buying stuff just building my own with abuddy of mine he helped me with the front bumper and is gona help me with sliders tire carrier and a roof rack as well as other stuff ...so basicly insted of buying off the shelf stuff im gona build my own i kinda like the idea makes the jeep more mine ..cuz it willhave one of a kinda stuff on it ..

thanks man

yea in a way im kinda glad they coulndt cut on me less pain that way,,, sorry to hear they operations havent helped i knwo it sucks man

Last edited:
Poundin nails up there is the big money maker though, haha. I worked in fairbanks on my uncles crew for some time.
If you can man, try go for a electrican job, if you can make journey-man, you can get on with the Pipeline wiring the pump stations or Milt. Bases for them Davis Bacon wages.

well the guy that was gona buy my flairs found out they wont work on his rig he has a 2000 xj i belive and the rears he doesnt want to have to cut since his is a 4 door so i ened up keeping them i sold my trailer i was gona build for campin insted
manuel261.jpg

manuel256.jpg

and i cant wait for summer im sick of snow
manuel222.jpg

yea i like the loks of the bush wackers too but i got them for free in a raffel otherwise id still have the stock ones on it lol im runing 5.5" ghetto short arm lift with 35"mudkings witht he stock 8.25 rear and stock 30 front wth 410 gears its a lil slow off the line but i can run 75 all day on the highway and still have more in it lol also once in 4 low off road its given me no probs at all only thing im changin for this summer is adding a locker to the rear...sweet looking twodoor your self man whats the specs

manuelxj said:
yea i like the loks of the bush wackers too but i got them for free in a raffel otherwise id still have the stock ones on it lol im runing 5.5" ghetto short arm lift with 35"mudkings witht he stock 8.25 rear and stock 30 front wth 410 gears its a lil slow off the line but i can run 75 all day on the highway and still have more in it lol also once in 4 low off road its given me no probs at all only thing im changin for this summer is adding a locker to the rear...sweet looking twodoor your self man whats the specs
Thanks!

'94 H.O. AX-15, -231, Terra 2Low kit
HP D44 front, Detroit, 4.88, alloy shafts, superior joints
Ford 8.8 Rear, discs, Detroit, alloy shafts etc...
34" Interco Trxus Radials (best tire I've ever seen in the snow, btw...seeing as you're from AK)
all sorts of other stuff, too much to list really.

BTW, I beat the living snot out of my 27-spline 8.25 with a lock-rite in it for a few years with ZERO problems. Only replaced it for the discs (HUGE difference) and the 4.88's.

Anyway, nice rig again.

-----Matt-----

thanks man yea once im backon my feet i am planing on an axle swap of 44s front and rear or 44 front 60 rear with 538s and steping up to 38"tires with the new lift and axles ...
thanks for the info on the 8.25 i was woundering how it would hold up with a locker looks like im gona be looking for one now lol

manuelxj said:
thanks man yea once im backon my feet i am planing on an axle swap of 44s front and rear or 44 front 60 rear with 538s and steping up to 38"tires with the new lift and axles ...
thanks for the info on the 8.25 i was woundering how it would hold up with a locker looks like im gona be looking for one now lol
Is yours a 27 spline?

EDIT: No, it looks like your rig a 97+, which means it's a 29 spline. This is a better axle, but there's no cheap locker for it. It's a rough spot; no really good answer, IMHO.

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
Thanks!

'94 H.O. AX-15, -231, Terra 2Low kit
HP D44 front,half a Detroit, 4.88,alloys shaft, superior joints
Ford 8.8 Rear, discs, Detroit, alloy shafts etc...
34" Interco Trxus Radials (best tire I've ever seen in the snow, btw...seeing as you're from AK)
all sorts of other stuff, too much to list really.

BTW, I beat the living snot out of my 27-spline 8.25 with a lock-rite in it for a few years with ZERO problems. Only replaced it for the discs (HUGE difference) and the 4.88's.

Anyway, nice rig again.

-----Matt-----
There fixed it for ya.

Last edited:
Back