• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's shock question

caz

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys... How much lift can the shocks that came on my 4.5" kit handle? I recently picked up re 5.5" springs that I will be swapping, but am wanting to do another 1.5" in spacers and u-bolt eliminators shortly after I swap that on. What are my current shocks capable of?

I dont know:dunno: I have the Rustys 3 inch with a 2" spacer and rear shackles for about 5 inches of lift. When I still had the 3"lift shocks At full flex in the front the shocks were maxed out and somewhat limiting my flex. Just disconect and flex it up real good, take some measurements and then take a shock off and measure it. Good luck

Yeah, I was just trying to avoid doing that. I called Rusty's earlier but they gave me a real general, no numbers. Just wanted to see if anyone knew from experience. Guess I'll just have to giver it a go and see what happens! :d

honestly I'd order new shocks...
I just put a longer shackle in the back of mine and maxed out the shocks comepletely.
I ordered new ones and am waiting for them,
but today after driving some bumpy roads I heard a weird noise from the back, I got out to look and my shock was dragging.
the upper mount and sheared off.
needless to say, I wish I had ordered the shocks sooner.....

One solution for your problem now would to put some Bar Pin Eliminators on. That would extend your existing shocks another 1.5 inches. If you stay around a 6 inch lift, your shocks that you have now should work. I bought some from www.rocky-road.com for around 20 bucks a pair. The same ones will work for the front and back.

Back