• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's TB-100 Trackbar?

terryd

NAXJA Forum User
http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product_Code=TB-100&Category_Code=SUS_TRAC

ok, i haven't found anyone who can bend 1.5/.250 dom close to me, and dont have the $$ to buy a bender for myself just now. gimme the downlow on this track bar, and some other ideas for them for 2-3" lift, under $150. ( i know its asking alot for something under $150, but if $150's all you got, its all you got, thats why i was wanting to build one) my stock bar's ball joint end is trashed, and $82 for new is a waste if i'm just gonna trash it again.....

:scared: Run away!

I don't have much experience in bending tube or any of that. But I do have experience with Rusty's tracbar. Mine doesn't have the tie rod end like that one in the link does. But I wouldn't recommend it. Period.

I've read plenty of stories about how they are very breakable. I have one on my jeep, and I went out to "adjust" the "adjustable" part of it yesterday and there's no turning the threads. It's pretty much shot.

I don't really want to be on the trail, with something that's known for snapping right in half.

Now, some people might have been running one for 5 years without any problems. That's fine. I won't run Rusty's anymore. I've had enough hassle with my lift.

Scott

I think the problem sometimes is that people run the track bar w/o the jam nut, also run the one with the brace that goes to the passenger side.

i just replaced my rusty's setup with the hd mount and bar for a stock mount and JKS bar.

i've broke the rusty's end twice, last time was change lanes on the interstate. the JKS bar seems a lot nicer and the front end feels tighter with it and the stock mount.

save the cash and get a nicer setup it'll be worth it, rusty gave me free replacements when i broke them but it was time to move on.

kevins off-road has a nice jks bar with a after market mount, i went to stock mount since jks was having sale.

i also have their "rusty's" brace but it didn't fit right with out modding it, it was cut short so i said f it and tossed it the hatch. anyways that's a steering box brace, unsure if'd help with braking trk bars.

Last edited:
i got my bar from dirk at dpg, for a good price from a nice guy. kevins off road's bar has the end welded on different to use his mount, i didn't think it was worth the extra coin so got the normal bar and went with the stock mount.

if you really need one and don't have the cash get the rusty's for now but chances are you'll need to upgrade it sooner or later if you drive hard, mine wasn't the first i've seen to fail first hand.

i actually like rusty's junk, i've ran his 3" and 4.5'" kit with extras like uca's and other random stuff from them. the bar was the first and only problem i've ever had and they made it right no question asked & i've never had any shipping or customer service problem's with them either.

well guys, i've decided that i'm just gonna get the jks bar from Kevin's... i'm gonna buy just the bar from him, its like $203 right now, and i'll weld the piece on the stock bracket my self....looks like 1/4 wall box tube of some sort....i may even get spiffy and have a local fab shop "bend" me a peice of 1/4 plate.....ne ways, thanks for the advice guys, you all are more helpful than any other forum i've asked in!

I went with TNT. Very happy with it. Might give them a look.

TNT Customs

Hale

terryd said:
i like tnt's pricing, but i dont have 3" of lift yet, and it looks like that bar is gonna hit my diff

Call and talk to them. I think they might be able to accommodate you. Can't hurt to ask.

Hale

Back