• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Venezuela XJ front Dana 44 HP

Cornfed-87XJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Is Currie the only importer of the Dana 44 HP front XJ axle from Venezuela? I have been looking on the internet for days, but with no luck. I was told AVE-conversions has them, but my understanding is that they purchase them from Currie. Just trying to find the best price before spending my hard earned dough.

make sure to specify 297 joints... the only one i have seen had 260's...

Cornfed-87XJ said:
Is Currie the only importer of the Dana 44 HP front XJ axle from Venezuela? I have been looking on the internet for days, but with no luck. I was told AVE-conversions has them, but my understanding is that they purchase them from Currie. Just trying to find the best price before spending my hard earned dough.

Not sure if you are aware that the export 44 is just the rubi 44, but a Hp version.

91 Jeep Project said:
Very sure, I know they are pre rubi. That was just the best example I had. The housing will have Danaven stamped on it. Shafts and such from the rubi housing will swap right over.
OK, inner shafts make sense, but what about the outers? I was under the impression that the venezuelan 44 was like a waggy d44 but hp and setup for coils.

Kejtar said:
OK, inner shafts make sense, but what about the outers? I was under the impression that the venezuelan 44 was like a waggy d44 but hp and setup for coils.

Nope, they had d30 outers. Everything from the rubi will swap over, except, obviously, the gears. One of these showed up on JU back in '04, the thread is still there, though the pics are long gone.

and no locker... :D

none that I know of. There are a few different places to get the LP Rubicon housings, but Currie's the only place I've heard of with the HP export housings.

Back