• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AEV Cherokee

xjguy98

NAXJA Forum User
I've noticed several pictures on here of a silver 2000 XJ done up by AEV. I recall a long time ago they had the specs on their site but now it appears all is lost......anyone own one of these rigs or know someone who does?? And if so, what are the specs?

It's in Italian, but this may be what you're looking for. Also, here's the direct link to the Google search results that dug that one up; there may be more of use to you beyond just the first link.

Why not give dave a call at AEV, he built about a dozen I think, DC got 2 of them and he kept his red one for himself. The gold and silvers ones were for the show ckt.

I forgot the guys name but he is a member on here.
Here's a pic of his XJ. AEV built over a dozen or so that look exactly like it.

xjarbroofracka.jpg

AEV started with 5.5" RE lifts and then added a few odds and ends of their own to it.
I used to have a pic with 4 identical silver ones like shown above and 1 white one all parked side by side in front of their shop in Montana. I've never seen so much ARB armor in one place. :laugh3:
I liked the looks of them so much that I built mine up with similiar equipment. I even purchased my ARB rack through them.

dsc02792s.jpg

Last edited:
the Africana was the first one I came across, and there seems to be a bit more info on it but the whole chopped-off back end thing doesn't work for me.....yet. Either way...beats the hell out of my stocker

When dave had it over here at the house a few years ago, it was in december, cold, he had just driven it from AEV to PA where his parents live, the back had a snap on soft top like the isuzu's had, not to mention one monster long sun roof under that ARB safari rack, personally I liked the recarro seats myself :D comfy but at a grand each outta my range.

ECKSJAY said:
IT LOOKS LIKE 80% OF THEM.

Not around here, its rare to see a properly done XJ. They are mostly half ass done with the fenders all hacked up, a POS lift, usually have tires way to big for their lift, and just generally POS's.

there isn't many properly done XJ's around here either. Some guys have some really nice TJ's and whatnot but most of the XJ's are just cheap, thrown together jobs.....figure if you're gonna spend money on a job, do it right the first time. AEV's XJ looks like it was done up the right way which is the reason it caught my eye.

Atl XJ said:
Not around here, its rare to see a properly done XJ. They are mostly half ass done with the fenders all hacked up, a POS lift, usually have tires way to big for their lift, and just generally POS's.
Good way to make friends on a Jeep forum. Didn't know my junk actually offended anyone, I'll try to refrain from posting any pics until I can afford some high dollar bolt-ons and get some loose ends tidied up. We're just as proud of are POS Jeeps as you are of your POS Jeep!

hackedxj said:
Good way to make friends on a Jeep forum. Didn't know my junk actually offended anyone, I'll try to refrain from posting any pics until I can afford some high dollar bolt-ons and get some loose ends tidied up. We're just as proud of are POS Jeeps as you are of your POS Jeep!

What are you talking about? Are you just in a bad mood or something? Did anyone mention your Jeep? Btw, you live in Tennessee not Georgia. You can build an XJ fairly inexpensively, as long as you dont go too big, if you know how to do it right. I have a few friends who have awesome XJs, both in offroad ability and good looking, without all that much money tied up into it (relatively speaking).

Edit: When I say around here I mean the Atlanta area.

xjguy98 said:
anybody know this guy or know anything about his rig?????
I just found his specs:

2000 Cherokee Freedom 4.0 Auto
Front 30 4.11 ARB, Rear Currie High 9" 4.11 ARB
TCase Atlas II 3.8:1
CV Style Rear Driveshaft, 5.5" Custom Lift,Currie upper
& lower control arms, ARB Front Bumper W/XD9000, AEV Rear
Bumper W/Carrier, BFG'S AT KO'S 285-75R16, Tomken Transfer
& Gas Tank Skid Plates, Hard mount Quick Air II, ORGS Super Nerfs
ARB Roof Rack

Back